Galata Tower Tickets & Walking Tour
Bask in unparalleled panoramic views of Istanbul, marvel at a range of architectural wonders such as the Galata Tower on this guided walking tour!
- Take an elevator up the Galata Tower and revel in the panoramic vista of the city
- Witness the Topkapi Palace, the Hagia Sophia, and the Suleymaniye Mosque from atop the tower
- Learn about the city's rich culture and historic significance from your expert guide
- Walk down some of the oldest streets in the Galata quarter of Istanbul as you head to the seaside
- English-speaking guide
- Walking tour of Galata and Pera
- Express elevator to the lookout platform of the Galata Tower
- Hotel transfers
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Begin your tour in front of the exit of Tünel funicular station (also known as Tünel Square, "Tünel Meydanı" in Turkish). Your guide will be wearing a red jacket or red shirt and will meet you in front of the Tünel exit. Start strolling through the backstreets of the famous Pera district, see the first luxury hotels of Istanbul which has hosted kings, queens, and world-famous writers and artists such as Agatha Christie and Ernest Hemingway. Then, follow your guide through a historical fish market and one of the most famous bar streets of Istanbul, where you can try some of the most delicious local street food in town.
Next, head over to the most well-known pedestrian street in the country - Istiklal Avenue. See thousands of people from all around the world, shops, restaurants serving authentic Turkish food, art galleries, and many historical buildings, along with some of the oldest consulates and churches from the 18-19th century Ottoman Empire. As you explore, find yourself in another famous neighborhood - Galata. On your way to the Galata Tower, pass through a beautiful cobblestone street with music shops on both sides - this is the go-to street of every musician in Turkey, with music shops specialized in hand-made ethnic instruments and equipment.
After a few minutes of walking, see one of the most iconic landmarks of Istanbul: The Galata Tower. This ginormous tower has been watching the city for over 6 centuries from this exact location and has become one of the most well-known symbols of the city. Your guide will tell you the story and legend of the Galata Tower, bring you inside and upon checking your HES codes and tickets (which your guide will show at the entrance), you will access the elevator of Galata Tower. From the terrace, see one of the most - if not the most beautiful view of this stunning city, all of the historical peninsula, the Topkapı Palace, Hagia Sophia, the Bosphorus strait, the Bosphorus bridge, Marmara sea, both European and Asian sides of Istanbul, Golden Horn and even the Prince Islands. Your tour will end in Galata Tower, and here you are free to spend as much time as you want to take the most incredible pictures of Istanbul.
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Contactless payments and online bookings are required.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
- The tour involves a significant amount of walking. You are advised to wear comfortable and light clothing that is suitable for walking in the sun.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly after the purchase.
- Please display the same along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the scheduled time to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide at İETT Genel Md.
- Address: Şahkulu, İETT Genel Md., 34421 Beyoğlu/İstanbul, Türkiye.
- Look for the Istanbul Welcome Card tour guide in red uniform, waiting at the exit of the Tünel metro station in Beyoğlu.
Take line F2 to the Beyoğlu station, a 1-minute walk from the meeting point.
The ticket is valid for the date and time selected during the booking.