Half Day Fitzroy Island Adventure Tour from Cairns
Enjoy the natural beauty of Fitzroy Island on this guided half-day tour, replete with an optional picnic lunch!
- Even though no longer a part of mainland Australia, Fitzroy Island is a sight to behold.
- Engulfed by fringing coral reefs, this island provides a sheltered home for a variety of marine animals.
- Enjoy a guided tour through this protected National Park that offers 339 hectares of lush rainforest.
- Engage yourself in your choice of activities: be it trekking, snorkeling, or simply sitting by the beach.
- Top up your experience with a delicious luncheon (available in hot and cold options).
- Upgrade your ticket and select between a Glass Boat tour or a Snorkel Safari.
- 3.5-hr guided tour of Fitzroy Island
- Round-trip ferry transfers
- Expert tour guide
- Picnic lunch (Optional)
- Snorkel Safari Tour (Optional)
- Glass Boat Tour (Optional)
- Hotel transfers
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Once a part of mainland Australia, Fitzroy Island is now surrounded by fringing coral reefs that provide a sheltered home for fish and corals. This half-day tour to this gleaming island from Cairns is well planned out for your benefit. Start off with a ferry ride to the island, with an expert tour guide keeping you company. Learn about the 339 hectares of lush rainforest that cover about 94% of the island and other intriguing facts. With a plethora of interesting activities to partake in, you're all set! Whether you want to trek through the wilderness, snorkel through the shimmering waters, or work your tan on the sandy shores of the beach, you're good to go!
You can upgrade your ticket and choose to add a scrumptious lunch, a Glass Boat tour or a Snorkel Safari tour to your cruise! The Glass Boat tour will allow you to see the stunning marine creatures of Cairns without dipping into its waters. A transparent bottom will let you take a close look at everything in the aquatic world underground as you sail on the water. During the Snorkel Safari, a boat will drop you off at one of the abundant coral reefs Fitzroy Island has to offer. The Safari gives exclusive access to areas not accessible to other guests. With marine biologists keeping you company during this snorkeling adventure, you'll learn about the exotic marine life up close.
know before you go
This ticket has the following options that you can choose from:
- Half Day Cruise
- Half Day Cruise with Lunch
- Half Day Cruise with Lunch and Glass Boat Tour
- Half Day Cruise with Lunch and Snorkel Safari Tour
- There are 5 main walking trails in the Fitzroy Island National Park that range from 30 min - 3 hrs, each at varying fitness levels.
- The Snorkel Safari is suitable for those comfortable in the water and competent snorkellers.
- The Snorkel Safari is a 50-minute tour. Guests will be provided with snorkeling equipment, lycra suits and vests.
COVID Safety Information
- All areas touched by guests are frequently cleaned.
- Guests are requested to maintain social distancing while on the vehicle.
- The number of guests is limited to reduce crowds.
- All guests will undergo a mandatory temperature check.
What To Bring
- Printed/mobile voucher
- Cash/credit card for additional purchases once on the island
Ages 3yrs and below go free. Children aged 4-14yrs and families (2 adults + 2 children) enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your tour guide
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification
- Meet your guide at Fitzroy Island Adventures
- Address: Counter 6, Reef Fleet Terminal, 1 Spence St, Cairns City QLD 4870, Australia
- The closest train station is Cairns, a 5-min walk to the meeting point
- Line Kuranda Scenic Railway will bring you here
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout