Florence Duomo Express Guided Tour
Admire the incredible beauty of Florence's Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore on this comprehensive express guided tour. Learn about the history of this monument and how it evolved over the centuries to become the crown jewel of Florence.
- Our expert guide will give you a sweeping tour of Florence's crown jewel, the Duomo with an account of how it was built.
- Get the chance to admire the solemn beauty and magnificence of the Duomo.
- Headphones will be provided for larger groups so that you do not miss any detail of the explanation given by the guide.
- Access to the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore (Duomo)
- Expert English, Spanish, or Italian-speaking guide
- Express guided tour of 45 mins in a small group
- Preferential route reserved exclusively for our group to access the area located below the Dome
- Headphones for larger groups
- Access to the Bell Tower, the Dome, the Baptistry, and the Terraces.
You can cancel these tickets up to 48 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Immerse Yourself in the Duomo's Rich History
On this tour, you get to explore the inner sanctums of the Duomo and have ample amount of time to breathe in its magnificence. An old church dedicated to Saint Reparata stood in the place of the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore as far back as 393 AD. Many 14th Century reports spoke of the crumbling church before renovations began in the late 13th Century. The Italian architect and sculptor Arnolfo di Cambio added a gothic flavor to the monument when he redesigned it in 1296. The structure was completed in 1436 when the legendary engineer Filippo Brunelleschi added its characteristic dome. In the 19th Century, Emilio De Fabris added a facade to the exterior in a Gothic Revival fashion. The Piazza del Duomo, which encompasses the Baptistery and Giotto’s Campanile, has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Florence Duomo is the largest brick dome in the world and you get to witness its overwhelming scale.
Enjoy the Company of a Local Expert While Visiting the Duomo's Beautiful Interiors
The story of the lofty Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore and its Duomo is just as intriguing as the structure itself. Your expert English, Spanish, or Italian-speaking guide will take you through the cathedral and explain all its interesting aspects. You will learn about how the engineers of the 14th and 15th Century worked to construct a dome as sublime as the Florence Duomo, and how Brunelleschi came up with a revolutionary way to design and build the dome. The exquisite marble floors and stained-glass windows are unmatched in their beauty. Vasari’s ‘The Last Judgement’ is only one amongst the many charming frescos housed in the cathedral. There is much to see and admire in this amazing cathedral.
By the end of your Duomo walking tour, you won’t just have “seen” Florence’s most famous cathedral; you’ll have discovered its history, stories, and what makes it so notable.
know before you go
know before you go
This ticket has the following options you can choose from:
- Tour in English
- Tour in Spanish
- Tour in Italian
- Unfortunately, this tour is not suitable for people in wheelchairs or with mobility disabilities.
- It is not recommended for people with back problems or heart conditions to participate in this tour.
- This tour is not suitable for pets.
- It is strictly forbidden to bring large bags or luggage inside the Duomo.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Due to security controls at the entrance of the Cathedral, waiting times may be longer for access to the Duomo.
- Please note that this ticket grants access to the Cathedral only, and does not include the Bell Tower, the Dome, the Baptistry, and the Terraces.
- This tour runs every Mon, Fri & Sat
- Timings: 11:30 AM, 12:15 PM, 12:30 PM and 1:30 PM
Entrance to the Cathedral of Florence requires an appropriate dress code. Please make sure your shoulders and knees are covered.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly. Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your tour guide.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 20 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Please check your final voucher for the meeting point details and specific instructions.