Montserrat Walking Tour with Tapas & Wine
Enjoy a delightful half-day guided tour of Montserrat, and discover one of the top attractions of Spain. With food, wine, and wonderful climate guaranteed a thoroughly enjoyable tour awaits you!
- Explore the very best that Montserrat has to offer with an expert local guide by your side
- Enjoy comfortable transport to and from Montserrat in an air-conditioned bus
- With a maximum of 16 people per group, enjoy a private tour experience
- Get a chance to see a statue of the Virgin of Montserrat and the sculpture of the Black Madonna
- Taste some of the finest wine in all of Spain and some local delicacies to conclude your tour
Believed to be the home of Catalonia’s identity, Montserrat is the home to the patron saint of the region, the Virgin of Montserrat. On arriving at the attraction, you will walk through the atrium and get a chance to visit the spectacular Royal Basilica, where you can see the 12th-century carving of Verge Morenetta, better known as the Black Madonna. The local guide will delve into the history and culture of the region, and there is no doubt that you will come out with a much better understanding of the attraction and its history. You will have about 45 minutes of free time, during which you can explore the farmers market nearby or grab a bite.
Next on the itinerary is a visit to some of the best local wineries in the base of the mountain. You will learn about Catalan and Spanish wine, and be introduced to some of the best wines in the country! A traditional tapas lunch awaits you and is the perfect way to conclude a thoroughly enjoyable tour experience.
- Expert English-speaking guide
- Local wine tasting
- Round-trip transfers
- Traditional Tapas lunch
- Hotel transfers
Ages 0-3yrs go free. Ages 4-12yrs, 65yrs and above enjoy reduced pricing (please carry a valid photo ID)
Daily - 8:45 AM & 9:30 AM
Know Before You Go
- Children under the age of 3 may join the tour for free, but they will not be provided food, drinks or car seats
- Comfortable shoes and clothes are recommended since there is a significant amount of walking on the tour
- Please note that the average temperature is often quite low, in the range of 13 - 14 degrees Celsius, and it is suggested that you bring warm clothing, especially during the winter and autumn months
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone along with a valid photo ID to your tour guide
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry a valid photo ID for verification
- Please ensure that you arrive at least 15 minutes in advance to avoid any delays
- Your meeting point is in front of the Hard Rock Cafe (Plaça de Catalunya, 21, 08002 Barcelona, Spain)
- Your guide will be waiting for you at this spot
- Nearest metro station is Universitat, which is a 5-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Metro lines L1 and L2 stop here
- Nearest bus stop is La Rambla - Pl Catalunya, a 1-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Buses #59 & V13 stop here
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout
- Maximum of 16 people per guide, though this number may be extended to 18. The group size will not be larger than that though transportation may be shared between groups.
- Please note that should weather conditions not be favorable, the operator reserves the right to change the order of the sites visited.