Self Guided Tour of the Opera Garnier
Step into the most expensive construction of the Second Empire and inspect the location that acted as a back drop for the famous novel "The Phantom of the Opera", at your own pace. Skip the line of the ticketing counter and gain faster access to the Opera Garnier.
- The Museum of the Opera.
- The sun and moon salons.
- Step over the grand staircase.
- Access the temporary exhibits of the Opera.
This experience cannot be cancelled, amended or rescheduled.
Boasting an eclectic and ostentatious Baroque design, the Opera Garnier is one of the most extravagant representations of Second Empire architecture in France. Thanks to your skip-the-line entrance ticket, benefit from a quick and easy access to this magnificent building in the center of Paris.
Inaugurated in 1875 and named after its exciting young architect, Charles Garnier, it is the largest opera house in Europe. You will set eyes on the writhing snakes of the bronze “Pythonisse” sculpture, before climbing the double stairway of the “Grand Escalier” (Main Staircase). Imagine the swish of crinolines as you admire the breathtaking décor and stroll through vast foyers, filled with sparkling mosaics, colorful marble columns and gold-leaf flourishes. Everywhere you look will be a feast for the eyes.
know before you go
- The Museum is open from 10 AM to 5 pm throughout the week.
- In case of a performance, the time of visit will be modified and will be from 10 AM to 1 PM.
- Last entry will be 30 minutes before closure.
- The entrance to the Palais Garnier is located on the corner of rue Scribe and rue Auber 75009.
- To reach the Palais Garnier you can use either of the public transportation systems that stop there.
- Metro: Opéra station, lines 3,7,8.
- RER: Auber station, line A.
- Bus: routes 20, 21, 22, 27, 29, 42, 52, 53, 66, 68, 81, 95.
You will receive an email with your voucher. No need to print.You can skip the ticket line and go directly to the security line with your mobile voucher.