Mexico City: Xochimilco, Coyoacan & Univercity City Guided Tour
Sail by boat and cruise on ancient canals built by the Aztecs! Explore the treasures of Mexico City on a tour of Xochimilco and Coyoacan. See the beautiful mosaic murals at the Ciudad Universitaria library and admire the rambling, centuries-old houses in Coyoacan.
- Set sail on a traditional trajinera and see the floating gardens at the famous Xochimilco canals
- Explore the famous Ciudad Universitaria and see the library that features mosaic murals by Juan O´Gorman
- Walk through Coyoacan’s colonial district with its beautiful 16th-century houses
- Visit the grand mansion of the Spanish Conquistador Hernan Cortes
- Trajinera ride in Xochimilco
- Expert English or Spanish-speaking guide
- Round-trip transportation from the meeting point
- Food and drinks
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24h before the schedule
Embark on a half-day tour of Mexico City’s best attractions. Along the way, you will pass by the World Trade Center, the Siqueiros Cultural Polyforum, the Plaza de Toros Mexico, which is the city’s biggest bullring, as well as the Insurgentes Theater with its mosaic mural of Diego Rivera’s Cantinflas.
At the Ciudad Universitaria, admire the beautiful mosaic murals by Juan O´Gorman, that represented three historical facets of the Mexican culture: the pre-Hispanic era, the Spanish colonial era, and the modern age. You will also get to see Mexico’s Olympic stadium inside the campus. This is where the 1968 Summer Olympics were held! Follow your guide and visit the residential area of Pedregal de San Angel, built on lava fields. Continue onwards to the peaceful waters of Xochimilco, also called the Venice of Mexico. Enjoy a relaxing journey on these ancient waters on a traditional trajinera or Aztec boat and see the many floating gardens along the way!
Finally, you will visit the impressive colonial district of Coyoacan. Stroll through Francisco Sosa Street to the town’s main square, and marvel at the stately 16th-century houses on the way. Visit the impressive mansion of Spanish Conquistador Hernando Cortes and the Church of St. John the Baptist, and take a look at the magnificent paintings and altarpieces here.
know before you go
This ticket has the following variants that you can choose from:
- English-Guided Tour
- Spanish-Guided Tour
- This tour is not suitable for wheelchair users or people with mobility impairments
- Make sure to wear comfortable shoes as there is a moderate amount of walking involved
Ages 2yrs and below go free. Ages 3-11yrs enjoy reduced pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
- Meet your tour guide near the Revolution Monument, behind the Barceló Hotel, in front of ISSSTE building and Jimenez Rueda Theater
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply click on the link below:
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- Bus: 5, 7, Cotobusa, Reforma-Bicentenario
- Metro: 2
This ticket is valid on the date and time selected during checkout