Chesters Roman Fort & Museum Ticket
With a visit to Chesters Roman Fort & Museum, you'll get fascinating insight into the Roman rule through a Victorian's lens!
- Enjoy a self-guided visit to one of Britain's most complete Roman cavalry forts.
- Pick up a trail sheet of the landmark to better help you plan your itinerary.
- Walk past well-preserved Roman baths, where weary soldiers once relaxed after a tiring day.
- Stroll along the officer's quarters, steam rooms, and the Clayton Museum.
- Gasp at the digital reconstructions of many rooms here, such as the barrack block.
- At the Chesters tearooms, try some local favorites, like the traditional stottie cake.
- Admission into Chesters Roman Fort and Museum
- Guided tour
- Hotel transfers
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Visit Chesters Roman Fort, one of Britain's most complete Roman cavalry forts. Housing unusually well-preserved baths, steam rooms, officer's quarters, and an amazing collection of Roman objects and inscriptions, you'll have much to uncover at the fort and along Hadrian's Wall.
The Roman bathhouse is a place to relax for both Roman and modern-day visitors. The recently updated Clayton Museum houses complex Roman artifacts, making it a must-visit. Pick up a Chesters Fort takeover trail sheet and set out on your Roman adventure on foot. Stroll along the fort, the courtyard, the headquarters building, hall, and regimental shrine. Grab yourself some lunch at the Chesters tearooms. Tip: Try a traditional stottie cake for a quintessential Northumbrian culinary experience!
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
The grounds of Chesters Roman fort are open. Takeaway catering is available. Our shop is open but all other indoor areas remain closed, and safety measures are in place to keep everyone safe. Please keep in mind the government’s latest advice on traveling:
- Site and grounds - All outdoor spaces are open as usual.
- Museum - The museum remains closed to aid social distancing.
- Café - Take away food and drink will be available. Card payments preferred.
- Shop - The shop is open
- Infants aged 4 and under go free. Children aged 5-17, students with valid NUS cards, senior citizens aged 65 and up, and families enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry valid photo IDs)
- One ticket valid for the entry of 1/2 adults & up to 3 Children.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your experience to avoid delays.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
Ticket Redemption Point
- You can redeem the tickets at the main entrance of the attraction: Chesters Roman Fort and Museum - Hadrian's Wall.
- Address: B6318, Chollerford, Hexham NE46 4EU, United Kingdom.
- The closest bus stop is Main entrance, which is right in front of the attraction.
- Bus AD122 will bring you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.