Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial: Self-Guided Tour with Transfers
Get a glimpse into the life of victims who lived at the Auschwitz-Birkenau site, Nazi Germany's largest concentration camp.
- Enjoy transfers from two convenient pick-up points in Krakow.
- Take your own time to explore the former concentration camp on this self-guided tour.
- Discover memorabilia such as photographs and letters, and learn stories about the victims.
- See the ruins of gas chambers and crematoria buildings on the museum grounds.
- Purchase a guide book available in multiple languages for more in-depth information about the site.
- Experienced English-speaking driver
- Round trip transfer in air-conditioned vehicles
- Hotel pick up from select locations
- Entrance fees
- Audio guide
- Guide book (can be purchased at the venue)
- Food and drinks
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
As the largest concentration camp of Nazi Germany, Auschwitz-Birkenau offers a rich slice of World War II history. Spread over 191 hectares, the museum thrums with the tales of unthinkable horrors faced by over 1 million people who were sent here.
The self-guided tour allows you to take your time to go through the photographs, letters of the prisoners, documents, and also learn stories about the victims. The ruins of gas chambers and the crematoria serve as living proof of the carnage that once took place here. You can also buy a guide book with a map to learn about important information about the site in more detail.
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
The exact tour details, including the starting time, will be provided to you by your local operator the day before the tour.
25 Dec, 1 Jan, and the first day of Easter.
- Note: As per the requirements of Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum, all participants are required to provide their full name and contact details as part of the booking. Entry may be refused if the name provided on the booking is not identical to the name on the ID provided when entering.
- As visitors will be visiting a former extermination camp, all visitors are expected to commemorate the dead and adjust their clothing and behavior to reflect the solemnness of the site.
- Please note that the maximum size of bags and backpacks allowed on the museum grounds is 30 x 20 x 10 centimeters (roughly 12 x 8 x 4 inches).
- Photography is allowed (no flash and tripods).
Infants aged 0-2 and youths aged 13-25 enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your tour leader.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- This tour includes pick-ups and drop-offs or hotel transfers.
- Hotel Pick-ups: We can pick you up from your hotel, if certain conditions are met: Pickups can be arranged only from hotels/locations with availability to stop the minibus, within a 2km radius from the Krakow city center. If your pickup location is in an area beyond this, is not a hotel, is in a no-parking zone, or in an area with limited traffic, then we will pick you up from the nearest possible pickup place. If you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up.
- On the day of your tour, arrive 15-20 minutes before the scheduled time at the pick-up point. If you have opted for hotel pick-up, please arrive at your hotel lobby 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled pickup time. If your hotel does not have a lobby, please wait at the entrance of your hotel.
- There are several pick-up points available for this tour.
Hotel Warszawski, Pawia 4-6 street
Wielopole 2 street
Lwowska 1 street
Sheraton Grand Kraków, Powiśle 7 street
Radisson Blu Hotel
Please stand in front of the hotel and wait for the van or the bus.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.