Cape Tribulation Day Tour with Optional River Cruise
Explore the only place on Earth where two natural World Heritage sites coexist next to each other - the oldest surviving tropical rainforest, Daintree, and the world’s greatest living tropical reef, the Great Barrier Reef.
- Experience the best of tropical North Australia, teeming with rainforests, gorges, wildlife, and whitewashed beaches.
- Travel comfortably in an air-conditioned coach and enjoy round-trip transfers from Cairns.
- Learn about the rainforest ecosystem and local history from a professional guide.
- Be a part of the traditional smoke ceremony with the indigenous Kuku Yalanji people, at Mossman Gorge.
- Visit the stunning Great Barrier Reef, and explore the Daintree Rainforest.
- Upgrade your ticket to include the Daintree River Cruise and spot crocodiles in their natural environment.
- Cape Tribulation day tour
- Pick-up and drop-off from Cairns
- Transfers in air-conditioned vehicle
- Welcome to Country ceremony
- Expert local guide
- Daintree River cruise (optional)
- Guided rainforest walk
- Daintree cable ferry and short visit to Port Douglas
- Breakfast (available for purchase)
- Ice cream (available for purchase)
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Get ready to spend your day walking, swimming, and cruising as you explore the beauty of the Far North. Enjoy a panoramic coastal drive from Cairns, with views of the Coral Sea as you make your way to Port Douglas. When you reach the beautiful Mossman Gorge, you will participate in a charming Welcome to Country and Smoke ceremony with the Kuku Yalanji, the traditional owners of the Cape. After this, you can refresh yourself with an invigorating swim in the pristine waters of the gorge.
Depending upon the ticket option you have chosen, you will head towards the Daintree River for an idyllic cruise that provides spectacular views of the surrounding rainforest. Keep your cameras ready as, among other wildlife, you will also be able to spot majestic crocodiles in their natural habitat. The next stop is Cape Tribulation. After a stop for lunch at the Ferntree's Rainforest Lodge, it will be time to head towards the pristine Cape Tribulation beach. Walk on the white sand at the beach which is bordered by rainforest. Next, you will explore the beautiful Daintree Rainforest with the Marrdja Botanical Boardwalk. Admire the diversity of the ecosystem that encompasses everything from low-lying ferns to mangroves, while learning interesting facts about it from your guide.
A special treat awaits you at the Daintree Ice Cream Company. Indulge your sweet tooth with a round of delicious ice cream, made with the local fruits from the company's orchard (at your own expense). The last stop is the viewpoint of Mount Alexandra Lookout. Take in the sweeping vista spread out below you, as your guide enlightens you about the Cape's past. As the tour concludes, you will enjoy a short visit to the beautiful Port Douglas town, on your way back to Cairns.
know before you go
This ticket has the following options that you can choose from:
- Cape Tribulation Day Tour
- Cape Tribulation Day Tour + River Cruise
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
Daily at 7 AM
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- This tour is stroller accessible.
- Infants must sit on laps.
- Bring along a swimming costume, towel, sunscreen, insect repellant, hat, walking shoes, and a camera.
Children aged 11 and under, as well as families with 2 adults and 2 children, enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- This ticket includes pick-ups and drop-offs from Cairns and Northern Beaches.
- Please specify your pick-up location at the time of booking.
- Please arrive at the pick-up point 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled time to avoid delays.
This ticket is valid for the date selected during checkout.