Wieliczka Salt Mine: Guided Tour from Krakow
Admire one of the most unique sights in Poland with this guided tour through the Wieliczka Salt Mines. Learn more about the medieval salt mine, and marvel at the rock chambers, mysterious salt lakes, and salt sculptures inside these enigmatic underground caverns.
- Visit the unique 800-year-old Wieliczka Salt Mine and enjoy skip-the-line entry
- Descend 135 meters below the ground and explore 22 chambers carved in salt on a 2.2-kilometer tourist route
- Marvel at the salt sculptures, lakes, and the breathtaking underground chapel
- Your expert guide will tell you about the exhibits, the lives of the miners, and the history of the mines
- Skip-the-line entrance
- Entrance fee
- Expert guide (English, Spanish, Italian, French, or German)
- Round-trip transportation from Krakow with pick up from the meeting point
- Hotel Transfers
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Make a short trip from Krakow and visit one of the most unique attractions of Poland, the Wieliczka Salt Mine. This mine has been active since the 14th century and is one of the world’s oldest salt mines. It boasts of breathtaking salt riches and sights that have been painstakingly sculpted over the centuries by the many miners who passed through this place.
Avoid the long queues with your skip-the-line pass and follow your guide down 135 meters below ground level to explore 22 chambers carved in salt. See the amazing salt chambers, salt statues, and salt lakes, as well as a stunning chapel of St. Kinga, that’s made entirely of rock salt! Enjoy the soothing and cool microclimate inside, and end your day in the many awe-inspiring and gorgeous chambers of the mine, making this a truly unforgettable trip.
know before you go
This ticket offers the following options you can choose from:
- English-Guided Tour
- Spanish-Guided Tour
- Italian-Guided Tour
- French-Guided Tour
- German-Guided Tour
- This tour is not entirely wheelchair accessible
- There are 800 steps on the way in the Salt Mine, including 380 right at the start
- Temperatures can drop to 14 degrees, so make sure to wear warm clothing
- Wear comfortable shoes as there is plenty of walking involved
- To listen to the guide, you will receive a headset
- Bringing luggage to the mine is not allowed with the exception of hand baggage. Hand baggage is considered to be luggage of maximum dimensions 35cm x 20cm x 20cm
Children and students (with valid ID) enjoy reducing pricing. Please select appropriately on the checkout page
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
Check your email voucher for details about the meeting point
This ticket is valid on the date and time selected during checkout