Wieliczka Salt Mine - Skip the Line Tickets
Descend 135m deep into a fascinating world of underground chambers, saline lakes, chapels, and more at the UNESCO-listed Wieliczka Salt Mine.
- Explore one of the world's oldest salt mines – the Wieliczka Salt Mine – with an expert guide and discover a vast world made entirely of salt.
- With the tour available in multiple languages, learn about old mining tools, methods of salt extraction, and everything there is to know about this UNESCO-listed site.
- The St. Anthony, Janowice, and Holy Cross Chapels have intricately carved religious and historical statues that have stood in the mine for the past three centuries.
- The Chapel of St. Kinga is the highlight of the tour with its illuminating salt chandelier, salt structures and salt-yet-marble-polished floor.
- For sure, this tour is a completely immersive experience and you can even taste the salt in the mine by taking some from the wall!
- Admission to Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Access to Tourist Route
- Expert guide (available in multiple languages)
- Booking fees
- Access to Miner's Route
- Access to Graduation Tower
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
With 800 stairs, a descent of 135m underground, and around 3km of maze-like galleries steeped in secrets and legends, the ancient salt mine attracts millions of visitors across the globe. Join the excursion to discover beautiful chambers carved entirely out of salt, along with saline lakes, the likes of which cannot be found above the ground. See the unique St Kinga's Chapel, adorned with salt sculptures and reliefs which were crafted by the miners. Some beautiful, glowing crystal chandeliers add to the beauty of the place.
This excursion will also give you an interesting insight into the methods of salt extraction, the old tools and machines used for mining, and the means of transport used when the mine was operating from 13th century until the late 20th century.
know before you go
know before you go
This ticket has the following options that you can choose from:
- Excursion in English
- Excursion in German
- Excursion in French
- Excursion in Italian
- Excursion in Spanish
- The excursion operates daily at frequent intervals, from 9am to 6pm.
- Please check the schedule to find out the starting times.
- The route includes around 800 stairs, 380 of which are at the start. So, make sure you are wearing comfortable shoes.
- As the temperature underground reaches 17–18°C, the best way to dress is in layers.
- The excursion is not wheelchair accessible. Some of the underground workings of the Tourist Route are adapted for people with limited mobility.
- Telecommunication signals will not reach you in the Mine. However, a designated place is available to use free WiFi and make phone calls.
- In exceptional cases, some of the chambers of the Tourist Route might be excluded from the excursion.
- Service animals/guide dogs are allowed.
- Photography is allowed.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the redemption point. Students must show a valid student ID.
- Please arrive at the redemption point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your ticket at: Wieliczka Salt Mine.
- Address: Daniłowicza 10, 32-020 Wieliczka, Poland.
- The closest bus stop is Wieliczka Kopalnia Soli, a 2-minute walk from the attraction.
- Buses #224, S1 and J1 will bring you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.