Full-Day Private Guided Food Tour of the Kāpiti Coast
- Instant confirmation
- Mobile ticket
- Transfers included
- Hotel pickup
Spend a day discovering the delicacies of Kāpiti Coast on this private guided tour. Sample exquisite chocolates, coffee, distilled beverages, and organic local cuisine along with majestic coast views.
- Drive through the scenic beauty of the Kāpiti Coast on a private guided tour.
- Indulge in the delicious artisan chocolates of the Kāpiti Chocolate Factory.
- Learn about the coffee roasting process from beans to your cup at The Roastery/Raumati Coffee Co and ask many questions as you'd like on your private tour.
- Walk through the making of legendary extra virgin olive oil at the Olive Grove and enjoy an organic lunch in the company of the owner.
- Sample locally prepared spirits and liquor at the Kaokao as well as Craft Brewery, and multiple ciders at Elemental Cider.
- This tour is guided by an English-speaking Kāpiti Coast local expert.
- Full-day guided tour of Kāpiti Coast food-centric attractions
- Local English-speaking expert guide
- Bottled New Zealand spring water, lunch with 1 beverage, and samples
- Entry fees
- Private vehicle
- Hotel transfers
- Any other meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Why Take This Kāpiti Coast Food Tour?
Get a one-of-a-kind glimpse into the region's quality produce, the warmth and hospitality of the locals, and the scenic views between Wellington and Pukerua Bay. On this small-group tour with a local guide, experience traditions and the real essence of the region as you visit breweries, a roastery, an olive grove, and more.
Kāpiti Chocolate Factory
Learn about the history of chocolate and the unique journey of the cocoa bean to the final artisanal chocolate. Finish off with an extensive tasting of Kāpiti Chocolates.
The Roastery/Raumati Coffee Co
Understand the entire coffee roasting process from how fresh beans are sourced to the environmental aspect of making coffee. Sample an exquisitely brewed cup of fresh coffee and take back your own as well.
Olive Grove Tour
Take a walk through Olive Grove with Brent Meldrum, the owner of Totara Tunnel Olives. Learn about how this multi-award-winning extra virgin olive oil is prepared. This premium olive oil is only available in a select few stores around New Zealand. Grab this chance to sample this oil and the best farm-to-table produce at lunch.
Koakoa is home to some of the premium spirits of New Zealand, such as limoncello, gin, and vodka, handcrafted from the best quality fruits. Their signature craft, 'Orangecello', is an award-winning drink that you simply cannot miss out on.
Get to know more about cider and taste multiple flavors on this part of the tour. Learn how bottling techniques make a big difference to an already existing combination of complex flavors and layers.
Tour either the North End Brewery/Salt and Wood or the Tuatara Brewery. Relax with a glass of authentic Kāpiti beer.
Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
- All liquor samples are only available for guests aged 18 and over.
- Based on the availability, the itinerary is subject to change.
- The Roastery part of the tour can be done only on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For the other weekdays, please place a special request.
- The Chocolate Factory is not functional on Sundays.
- Please mention your dietary preferences at the time of booking for consideration.
- Please check the calendar for booking availability. The tour starts from 9:30am onwards.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID during the pick-up.
- This tour includes pick-up and drop-offs.
- In the next step of booking, please specify the pick-up point.
- On the day of your tour, arrive 15-20 minutes before the scheduled time at the pick-up point.