Former Concentration Camp Plaszow Guided Tour
Get a glimpse of WWII history at Plaszow, a former Nazi concentration camp in the southern suburbs of Krakow.
- Visit the sites of Plaszow, a little-known concentration camp on the outskirts of Krakow.
- With the help of your guide, find traces of the former camp buildings and listen to their history.
- Pay your respects to the victims of the Holocaust at the camp's memorials.
- Learn about the life of Oskar Schindler and see where "Schindler's List" was filmed.
- Expert English-speaking guide
- Tram tickets (~4 PLN)
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Founded shortly after the German invasion of Poland, Plaszow was a Nazi concentration camp located in the southern suburbs of Krakow. Originally opened in 1940, Plaszow was intended to be a forced labor camp. However, in 1941, the camp was expanded and subsequently converted into a concentration camp, where from October 28, 1942, deportation of Jews from the Krakow ghetto began.
Plaszow was known as a concentration camp, supplying several military factories and a quarry with labor. The camp and life in it are shown in the movie Schindler's List (1993), which is based on the life of Oskar Schindler. The area which held the camp now consists of sparsely wooded hills and fields, with one large memorial to all the victims, erected in 1964, and several smaller ones as well. As the Plaszow area is now a nature preserve, the director Steven Spielberg built a camp replica in the Liban Quarry, some hundred meters away. We will visit all these points during the tour.
know before you go
Mon, Wed, Fri, and Sun at 10 AM.
Infants aged 0-6 can go for free. Children aged 7-17 and students aged 18-26 enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Meet your tour guide at Apteka 'Pod Orłem.'
- A guide with the sign "excursions.city" is waiting in front of the entrance to the Apteka Pod Orłem museum.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
The nearest tram and bus stop is next to the meeting point: "Plac Bohaterów Getta". You will get here by lines 3, 19, 24, 69, 669.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.