Versailles Palace Entry Tickets with Audioguide
Enjoy access to all areas of the royal estate with your Versailles Passport. While a basic entry ticket only includes access to the Royal Apartments, Hall of Mirrors, and the gardens - a Passport also gives you entry to Marie Antoinette’s Estate, as well as the stunning fountain shows.
- Your passport allows you to tour the magnificent palace, also known as Château de Versailles, which contains 700 rooms spread across 800 hectares.
- Learn about the French monarchy and peek into the private lives of the infamous King Louis XIV and Marie Antoinette with the help of a multilingual audio guide.
- Visit the stunning Hall of Mirrors - a corridor filled with 357 mirrors that majestically reflect the gardens through arched windows.
- Roam around the gardens and explore 250 acres of gorgeously landscaped lawns and fountains.
- Get a complimentary Palace of Versailles Visitor Guide packed with information that will help you plan your Versailles visit.
- Timed entry for the Main Palace of Versailles & the Grands Apartments
- Hall of Mirrors
- Temporary Exhibits
- Gardens (including fountain or musical show)
- Grand & Petit Trianon (passport only)
- Queen’s Hamlet (passport only)
- Priority access skip-the-line tickets
- Live guide
- Transportation from/to Paris
strict cancellation policy
These tickets cannot be canceled, amended or rescheduled.
Use Your Passport to Tour the Château de Versailles
Your ticket gives you access to the most famous places within the royal estate including the Royal Palace, the Park, Gardens, Marie Antoinette’s Estate, and entry to any exhibitions on show at the time of your visit. If you plan to visit any time between Monday and Friday, it’s worth paying the extra €8 for an upgraded Passport ticket, which includes access to the Musical Fountain and Garden shows.
Learn About the French Monarchy with the Help of a Multilingual Audio Guide
The downloadable audio guide is available in 11 languages: Spanish, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, and Russian.
Begin your visit by exploring the ornate King and Queen's State Apartments. Learn about the French monarchy and peek into the private lives of the infamous King Louis XIV and Marie Antoinette. Next, make your way to the glittering Hall of Mirrors. Designed to protect the ornate walls and ceilings from smoke, the hall’s 357 mirrors were strategically placed to reflect the light of candles. With just a few flames, the reflection from so many mirrors was enough to light up the whole hall!
Explore 250 Acres of Gorgeously Landscaped Lawns and Fountains
After admiring the inside of the Palace, head outdoors and take in the grandeur of the estate’s impressive architecture. Stroll along the cobblestone grounds, through the beautiful French gardens, and pass by the gorgeous Versailles fountains. Next, stop by the Estate of Marie Antoinette and discover the life and antics of the Queen at the Petit Trianon. Walk around the Village of the Queen and English gardens, then see where Marie Antoinette built her own house, a Mill, a Preparation Dairy, a Cave, a Belvedere, and the magnificent Temple of Love where lovers get engage. At the Carrosses Gallery, travel back in time as you explore carriages, coaches, sculptures, and other artifacts left behind by the French Monarch.
If you’re short on time and would prefer to skip the long lines, a Versailles skip-the-line entry ticket will allow you to save your time.
If you’d like to maximize your time at the palace of Versailles and get a more in-depth Castle experience, click here.
Each year, it is estimated that approximately 5 million people visit the Palace of Versailles, and between 8 and 10 million people walk its gardens. A place of immense beauty, Versailles stands as a symbol of France’s monarchy and its glorious history.
know before you go
This ticket has the following options that you can choose from:
- King’s Grand Apartments Access
- All Access Passport with Gardens Show
- Tue to Fri - 9.30 AM, 1.30 PM, and 4.30 PM.
- Tue to Fri - 10 AM to 7 PM
- Fountains show starts from 22 May 2021 and will be running during weekends only.
- Sat & Sun - from 10 AM to 7 PM
- Please note that masks are mandatory.
- Starting times apply for the Palace entrance alone.
- Please note that the last admission to the Palace will be at 5:30 PM. These are not timed tickets, so you may go as you please.
- This ticket is valid for one-time entry only.
- Please note that you will have to choose Passport entry with or without the Musical Gardens/Musical Fountain Show in the next step of the booking. On the dates when there are Musical Fountain Shows, you will only be able to purchase the Passport which includes access to the shows. On days without the shows, you will only be able to purchase the Passport without access to the Musical Gardens/Musical Fountain Show.
- With these tickets, you will be able to skip the ticket office and head straight to the entrance at Gate A. However, please know that depending on the day of your visit, there may be a security wait of anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Note that you can only visit the gardens & Trianon Palace before or after the Grand Apartments visit. The time allocated to you grants you a reserved entrance for the Grand Apartments, but you are free to visit the Trianon Palace & gardens whenever you like.
- It is recommended that you visit the Grand Apartments after 3 PM and visit the Trianon Palace & Gardens before that.
- The gardens close promptly at 5:30 PM on Saturdays during the Nocturnal Fountain show. The passport ticket does not include access to the night fountains, so make sure you to book your ticket upstream if you wish to join.
- You need to download a free app to use the audio guide service. Check the official page to know more.
- Available in 11 languages: Spanish, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, and Russian.
- On days with Musical Fountains show or Musical Gardens, access to the Gardens is free only for children under the age of 6 years.
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the Entrance A of the palace, the Dufour Pavilion.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your ticket at Entrance A, the DUFOUR PAVILION is located on the top left side of the Cour d'Honneur Courtyard, near the Golden Gate that separates the Cour d'Honneur from the Royal Courtyard.
- You will arrive at the Cour d'Honneur Courtyard from the main entrance gate.
- Looking at the Palace from the front, the Dufour Pavilion will be on your front left.
- The Palace of Versailles is located only 30 minutes from central Paris. The main entrance to the Palace of Versailles is by the Cour d'Honneur.
- To reach by train, you have several options.
- Take RER line C to Versailles Rive Gauche. From the station, it’s just a 10-minute walk to the Palace.
- From Paris Montparnasse train station, SNCF trains arrive at Versailles Chantiers station, an 18-minute walk to the Chateau.
- From Paris Saint Lazare train station, SNCF trains arrive at Versailles Rive Droite station, a 17-minute walk to the Château.
- You can find RER and SNCF trains schedule at www.transilien.com.
- For more information on Public Transportation in Paris click here.
The ticket is valid for the date and time selected during the booking.