Get a truly intimate look at the life of French Royalty from a time gone by on this tour of the King's Private Apartments. Available exclusively with Headout, your tour gives you priority access to the Palace of Versailles without even a minute's wait in line! Explore the lavishly decorated former living quarters of King Louis the XV and XVI, an area rarely opened to the public, with an official Versailles English-speaking guide.
- Take advantage of skip-the-line access to the Palace of Versailles - enjoy the fastest entry into the estate so you don't spend a minute waiting in line!
- If that wasn't enough, embark on a 1.5-hour English-guided tour of the exclusive King’s Private Apartments, rarely included on most tour itineraries, and discover the wondrous scientific galleries, laboratories, and libraries inside with an official Palace of Versailles guide.
- Depending on availability, you'll also visit either the Royal Opera or the Royal Chapel - getting a glimpse into the prosperity of France when they were built.
- Explore the King's and Queen's Apartments, the former residence of King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette, and visit the Hall of Mirrors, housing historically significant works of art, with the help of your multilingual audioguide.
- This unique tour gives you all the benefits of a guided tour as well as the freedom to discover the wonders of the Palace on your own, making it the perfect way to visit Versailles!
- Skip-the-line entry to the Palace of Versailles
- Access to the King’s Private Apartments
- Official Versailles English-speaking guide on the King’s Private Apartments tour
- Exclusive access to the Royal Opera or the Royal Chapel (decided by the guide)
- Access to the Hall of Mirrors
- Multilingual audio guide
- Small tour group of 25 people or less
- Access to the gardens
- Entry to Trianon Estate
- Pick-up and drop-off
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Find yourself zipping past the long lines at Entrance A and Entrance B! Headout ticket holders are prioritized before all other groups at the Palace of Versailles - ensuring you get ample time to explore the magnificent structure spread over 800-hectare
Unravel The Secrets Of the Private Chambers with this Headout Exclusive Tour
Enjoy this exclusive guided tour to the King’s Private Apartments with the palace's official English-speaking guide. Peek into the lives of French royalty with this tour that is generally closed to the public. The Private Apartments of King Louis XIV are home to a magnificent collection of artwork. His son, Louis XV had the Clock Room built inside the apartments. The room’s floor is a clock, displaying the day of the week, month, year, and the lunar quarter. It also features a crystal sphere depicting the solar system. You will also come across other interesting places like the Porcelain Dining Room, Louis XVI’s Library, and the Games Room, all of which were later added to the apartments.
Get a Glimpse of the Past
A Tour of the King's and Queen's Apartment: Overlooking the Midi Parterre, the King and Queen's Apartment initially belonged to Queen Maria Theresa and King Louis XIV. Known for their perfectly symmetrical structure; the apartments are home to the Nobles' Room, the Queen's Personal Bedchambers, the Royal Table Antechamber, and the Queen's Guardroom. Built adjacent to the Marble Courtyard and near the King's Apartment, it is one of the closed areas of the palace and is only accessible through this tour.
The King's Desk: Also called the Bureau du Roi, the table was commissioned in the 18th century. Built ornately, the desk was used by King Louis XV daily. It even had secret drawers where sensitive diplomatic papers would be kept, hidden from the rest of the staff. Very few visitors have gotten a chance to see this desk up close!
Tour the Famed Hall of Mirrors and the Royal Opera or Royal Chapel
This tour also includes a visit to the Hall of Mirrors. Famous for being the venue of the “Treaty of Versailles”, it is one of the most iconic attractions in France. The hall also consists of artworks depicting famous historical events. These artworks include; “The king governs by himself”, “Reception of the Doge of Genea”, “The Siamese Embassy”, and “Embassy of Mehemet Raza-Bey”.
Inaugurated as the largest concert hall, the Royal Opera is considered to be a spectacular work of architecture by Ange-Jacques Gabriel. Imagine the grandeur of past celebrations as you admire its lavish ballroom and more. If you visit the Royal Chapel, you'll get to see the Antiquity-inspired architecture and The Holy Trinity fresco in the vaulted ceiling.
know before you go
know before you go
- Headout ticket holders are prioritized before any other group at the Palace of Versailles. The ticket will grant you faster than skip-the-line access at the venue. However, please know that depending on the day of your visit, there may be a security wait.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- A maximum of 25 people can be included in a tour.
- The guide will only be accompanying you on the tour of the King's Private Apartments, beyond which you will get to explore the state apartments with an audio guide.
- Your guide will decide whether to visit the Royal Opera or the Royal Chapel depending on availability.
- Your tickets are valid for a single entry into the Palace. Once you exit the premises, you cannot make another entry with the same tickets.
- Should you wish, you can buy tickets to the Gardens at an extra cost right at the entrance of the Gardens.
- Suitcases and large capacity bags are not allowed on the Versailles Estate premises. Bags must not exceed 55cm x 35cm x 20cm and must be deposited at the left luggage offices after going through the security check.
- The following items are not allowed inside the Palace and must be deposited at the left luggage facilities: pushchairs, metal baby carriers, bulky luggage, suitcases, backpacks, umbrellas, and any pointed, sharp objects or blunt instruments.
- Valuable items and clothing cannot be deposited in left luggage.
- Left luggage items should be collected at the end of the visit, before 6 PM in high season (April to October) and until 5 PM in low season (November to March).
This tour is available twice a day; morning and afternoon.
Palace of Versailles Hours
Open Tuesday through Sun, from 9am to 5:30pm. Closed on Mon.
Gallery of Carrosses Hours
Open Tuesday through Sun, from 12:30pm to 5:30pm. Closed on Mon.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your host.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 20 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
The exact meeting point information will be present on the confirmation voucher. Please read that information carefully.
- Get down at the Versailles-Château–Rive Gauche station, it is a 10-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Take bus line no. 171 and get down at the bus stop near the Palace of Versailles, it is a 1-minute walk to the meeting point.