Skip The Line Guided Tour of Versailles Palace - 75 Minutes Classic
Skip the long lines with priority entry to visit the must-see Versailles Palace and tour the royal estate with our local expert who knows all the secrets of the Palace and its Gardens.
- Avoid long queues with exclusive skip-the-line access and make the most of your time with an expert guide who will help you navigate the vast royal estate.
- Visit the stunning Hall of Mirrors - a corridor filled with 357 mirrors that majestically reflect the gardens through arched windows.
- Roam around the gardens and explore 250 acres of gorgeously landscaped lawns and fountains.
- From King Louis XIV to Marie Antoinette, get a glimpse into the lives of the French monarchy’s most influential figures.
Benefit from Hassle-Free Priority Access and a Guided Tour of the Magnificent Palace
The exquisite Palace of Versailles is one of the most extraordinary achievements in 17th-century European art. Just a few minutes walk from the Palace of Versailles, you will meet your expert guide and receive your skip-the-line vouchers. While purchasing tickets on-site requires you to queue in two lines (the ticket box office and the entry line), your Priority Access pass allows you to bypass both. Keep in mind that all visitors, regardless of ticket type or vendor, are still required to pass through security. Once inside, enjoy a guided tour of the most famous places within the Castle, then explore the Park and Versailles Gardens, and Carrosses Gallery. Illustrating more than five centuries of French history, the Palace not only houses remarkable works of art - it stands as a work of art itself.
Explore the Glittering Hall of Mirrors and Other Parts of the Opulent Palace
Begin your visit by exploring the ornate King and Queen's State Apartments. Learn about the French monarchy and explore the themed salons and their elaborate ceiling paintings. Next, make your way to the glittering Hall of Mirrors. Designed to protect the ornate walls and ceilings from smoke, the hall’s 357 mirrors were strategically placed to reflect the light of candles. With just a few flames, the reflection from so many mirrors was enough to light up the whole hall!
Take a Stroll in the 250 Acres of Gorgeously Landscaped Lawns and Fountains
After admiring the inside of the Palace, head outdoors and take in the grandeur of the estate’s impressive architecture. The Versailles Palace Gardens span an impressive 250 acres and continue to thrive as a beautifully manicured plot with 400 sculptures and 1,400 fountains. Stroll along the cobblestone grounds, through the beautiful French gardens, and pass by the gorgeous Versailles fountains. At the Carrosses Gallery, travel back in time as you explore carriages, coaches, sculptures and other artifacts left behind by the French Monarch.
If you’d like to maximize your time at the palace of Versailles and get a more in-depth experience, check out our Versailles Full Day Guided Tour with Transfers ticket.
Each year, it is estimated that approximately 5 million people visit the Palace of Versailles, and between 8 and 10 million people walk its gardens. A place of immense beauty, Versailles stands as a symbol of France’s monarchy and its glorious history. A must-see and a once in a lifetime affair, we aim to help you explore the best, with the best.
- Priority access to the Palace of Versailles.
- Expert guide.
- Guided tour of the Castle (Royal Apartments + Hall of Mirrors).
- Access to the Gardens (excluding days of Garden shows), Park and Carrosses Gallery.
- Exclusive Headout Versailles Palace Visitor's Guide
- Entrance to the Gardens on Fountain Show and Musical Show days (select evenings April-Oct).
- Transportation to/from Paris.
- Access to Marie-Antoinette’s Estate.
Know Before You Go
Versailles Priority Access Guided Tours are available Tuesday through Sunday, starting at 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM and 4:00 PM.
Your guided tour of the royal estate will last 1 hour and 15 minutes; however, you may roam around on your own until closing hours on the day of your visit.
Palace of Versailles Hours
Open Tuesday through Sunday, from 9 am to 6:30 pm. Closed on Mondays.
Gardens of Versailles Hours
Open daily from 8 pm to 8:30 pm during high season (April - October) and from 8 am to 6 pm in low season (November to March).
Gallery of Carrosses Hours
Open Tuesday through Sunday, from 12:30 PM to 6:30 PM. Closed on Mondays.
When to Visit
During high season, from April through October, it is recommended to visit the Palace early in the morning, right when it opens. Tuesdays and weekends generally see the most traffic, especially on days of water fountain shows.
The Guidatours office, at 10 Avenue du Général de Gaulle, is located approximately 400 meters outside the Palace of Versailles, just across the street from the train station Versailles Rive Gauche-Chateau de Versailles. You can find the Google Maps location for the office here.
To reach the Palace of Versailles by train, you have several options:
• Take RER line C to Versailles Rive Gauche. From the station, it’s just a 10-minute walk to the Palace.
• From Paris Montparnasse train station, SNCF trains arrive at Versailles Chantiers station, an 18-minute walk to the Chateau.
• From Paris Saint Lazare train station, SNCF trains arrive at Versailles Rive Droite station, a 17-minute walk to the Château.
Strict Cancellation Policy
These tickets cannot be canceled, amended or refunded.
Easy to make reservations online, loved the chatting part. The folks at the tour were awesome. Pascal and Merve, both excellent!!!
Don't focus on discount, this is the cheapest guided tours online, I did a lot of research.
I am glad we got a patient guide, who responded to a lot of queries. I have had other Paris experiences where the guides get irritated on asking too many questions.
How to Redeem your Tickets
• You will receive an email confirmation with your Skip The Line Guided Tour of Versailles Palace - 75 Minutes Classic vouchers shortly.
• On the day of your Versailles experience, display your voucher via mobile phone at the Guidatours office, located just a few minutes walk from the Palace of Versailles, directly across the street from the train station Versailles Rive Gauche.
• A host will hand you your skip-the-line voucher and introduce you to your expert guide who will then escort you to the Palace of Versailles entrance.
• Make your way through security and straight into the palace, bypassing the hours-long entry line.
Your Versailles ticket is valid starting at your reserved time slot Your guided tour of the royal estate will last 1 hour and 15 minutes; however, you may roam around on your own until closing hours on the day of your visit.
Guidatours, 10 Avenue du Général de Gaulle, 78000 Versailles, France, Versailles
- The access is free except during Musical Fountains Shows and Musical Gardens.
- The Gardens close exceptionally at 5.30 PM on 6, 7, 11, 12, 14, 21, and 28 July, 1, 4, 8, 11, 15, 18 and 25 August.
- The Gardens close exceptionally at 6:00 PM on 30 October.
- The Gardens close exceptionally at 6.30 PM on 8 and 9 July.