Skip the Line: Versailles Palace & Gardens Guided Tour from Paris
Explore the incredible Palace of Versailles on this tour departing from the heart of Paris in a luxury air conditioned coach. Enjoy skip the line access into the estate and meander through the Mirror Room, Marie Antoinette's Estate, and the famed gardens and fountains, with the option of seeing Musical Garden and Fountain shows on days when they are running! What better way to see the Chateau?
- An excursion in a luxury coach coupled with skip the line access to one of France's largest palaces. Need one say more?
- An enthusiastic guide will keep you engrossed and entertained throughout your tour of the palace and its gardens.
- This UNESCO World Heritage site is visited by nearly 3 million people every year.
Upon boarding the luxury coach, embark on a 45-minute journey to the Palace of Versailles. Your guide will give you a brief history of this time and introduce you to the various intricacies surrounding this palatial 700 room chateau, created during the epitome of the Sun Kings reign.
Upon reaching Versailles, you will be guided past the lines, straight into the Palace. Once inside, explore this French marvel that was home to Kings of France Louis XIV, Louis XV and Louis XVI from 1682 until the French Revolution in 1789. Walk into the palace's iconic rooms such as the the King's Grand Apartment, with seven salons each dedicated to a different god (Apollo, Mars, Mercy, Venus, etc.), and the Queen's Grand Apartment, laid out in a mirror image of those of the king, including the Coronation Room and the Queen's Bedroom, once occupied by Queen Marie Antoinette. Another highlight of the palace is the Hall of Mirrors, which with its 17 windows and 350 mirrors was used by King Louis XIV to impress his guests.
When King Louis XIV was the monarch, he commissioned André Le Nôtre to lay out the gardens. Stroll through the Gardens of Versailles and admire the 386 works of art, including the 200 statues, fountains, ponds, flower beds, and trees. Depending on the day of your visit, you will either be able to admire the Musical Fountain or Musical Garden show where the fountains are timed to perfection with the music or you can saunter through the beautiful gardens as you listen to tunes that will transport you to 17th century Paris. Should these events not be available on the day of your visit, you will still be able to enjoy your tour through the must-see aspects of the grandiose Chateau.
Finally, at the end of your pleasant stroll, you will be guided back to your coach to head back to Paris.
- Transfers in an air conditioned coach
- Skip the Line Access to both the Palace and Gardens
- Professional tour guide
- Headsets when appropriate
- Groups of 25 people or fewer
Know Before You Go
The tour runs on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 8:45 AM, 9:45 AM, 1:00 PM and 1:45 PM. The tour is 4 hours long. We recommend that you reach the meeting point at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tour.
- The access is free except during Musical Fountains Shows and Musical Gardens.
- The Gardens close exceptionally at 5.30pm on 6, 7, 11, 12, 14, 21, and 28 July, 1, 4, 8, 11, 15, 18 and 25 August.
- The Gardens close exceptionally at 6pm on 30 October.
- The Gardens close exceptionally at 6.30pm on 8 and 9 July.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
- You will receive an email confirmation with your mobile voucher instantly.
- Please display the same on a mobile device along with a valid photo ID to the tour representative at the meeting point.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- The meeting point is located in front of the main entrance to the Architecture Museum at the Palais de Chaillot, 1 Place du Trocadero et du 11 novembre, 75016 Paris.
- The building is at the junction of the Place du Trocadero and the Avenue du President Wilson, and the entrance faces the road.
- Your guide will be wearing a blue t-shirt/jacket for easy identification.
- Take lines 9 or 6 and get off at the metro stop Trocadero.
- Follow the exit signs to the Eiffel Tower (the signs are brown). The exit is number 1.
- As you exit the metro you will see the Palais de Chaillot directly on your left.
- Your guide will be waiting just outside the metro exit holding a sign.