Skip the Line: Carcassonne Castle & Ramparts Ticket
Benefit from exclusive skip-the-line entry into France’s impressive historic attraction, the Carcassonne Castle, and take in its fortified walls, ramparts, and galleries!
- Explore the astounding 13th-century Cité de Carcassonne for an unforgettable historical treat
- Benefit from skip-the-line access, allowing you to waltz around long ticketing queues
- Walk in the footsteps of Romans, Saracens, Visigoths, and Crusaders, who once claimed this citadel
- Take in the massive fortified walls, watchtowers, ramparts, and the Count’s Castle
- Delve into the history of Carcassonne at its archeological museum and marvel at long-preserved treasures
- Enjoy a 12-minute multimedia video that shows you close-up footage and 3D images
- A 6-month ticket validity from the date of purchase guarantees a seamless fit into your schedule
Travel back in time to the 13th century and drink in views of the citadel that was once claimed by Romans, Visigoths, Saracens, and Crusaders! Look out for the massive 13th century fortified walls, ramparts, watchtowers, and a castle that will bring this citadel’s remarkable history to life!
Step into the world of medieval trade and travel at the Cité de Carcassonne, much like the beloved board game, Carcassonne! Walk past the double-wall boasting 52 watchtowers, the Great Well, and the Count’s Castle, Château Comtal. Enjoy a 12-minute film that features 3D images and close-up footage of the citadel, and walk through the archeological museum to gasp at some of the preserved treasures from centuries ago.
Did You Know? Carcassonne was slated for demolition in the 19th century, but you can still walk the ramparts today, thanks to one of Europe’s largest restoration projects!
- Skip-the-line entry into Carcassonne Castle & Ramparts
- Access to castle courtyards, archaeological museum, and ramparts
- Informative leaflet (in 11 languages)
- 12-minute presentation film
- Guided tour
Know Before You Go
- An audio guide is available to rent at the attraction itself at €3 per guest
- The informative leaflet is available in 11 languages: English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Japanese, Chinese, Russian or Polish
- EU citizens aged 0-26yrs and non-EU citizens aged 0-18yrs enter for free
1 Jan, 1 May, 14 Jul, 1 Nov, 11 Nov & 25 Dec
Strict Cancellation Policy
Cannot be canceled, amended or rescheduled
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the entrance of the attraction
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
Ticket Redemption Point
- You can redeem the tickets directly at the entrance of the attraction: Carcassonne Castle & Ramparts (1 Rue Viollet le Duc, 11000, Carcassonne)
This ticket is valid for 6 months from the date of purchase