Historic Center & Albaycin Walking Tour
Visit one of Granada’s most beautiful and culturally diverse districts and delve into the maze of narrow streets that seem to brim with hidden secrets to discover! Find out how the city changed radically over the centuries as rulers from Europe and the Middle East fought over its control.
- Learn about the driving factors that contributed to the metamorphosis of Granada over the centuries.
- Walk through the maze of narrow streets and visit some of the most picturesque locations in the Albaicin district.
- You will be accompanied by an expert local guide who will answer your questions and help you understand the immense historical significance of the Granda district.
- Walk down to the Darro River and admire the quaint bridges that span the stream.
- Discover the Plaza del Carmen, Madrasa, and Royal Chapel.
- The entire walking tour lasts for about 2 hours.
Explore the Wonders of Granada
The Spanish region of Granada is known for some of the most historically diverse styles of architecture and art. This guided tour will begin with a visit to the Plaza del Carmen, which has gone through multiple transformations in different eras. The ‘old cloister’ was remodeled and only a small part of it is still retained, and the City Hall now occupies much of the Plaza. You will also visit the magnificent cathedral, the Royal Chapel, and the Madrasa.
Understand the Region’s Diverse Heritage
Your guide will narrate the amazing stories that surround the monuments in the district. You can ask your guide about the local culture and learn more about its historical and cultural idiosyncrasies. As you walk through the neighborhoods of Albayzin, a Granada Muslim World Heritage Site, you will be transported back to the medieval era. Marvel at the Moorish houses and cobbled streets that stand alongside Christian monuments.
- Expert local guide who can speak Spanish and English
- Tour of the limestone cave houses in Sacromonte
- Walking tour of Albaycin
- Visit to the Plaza del Carmen, Madrasa, Alcaicería, and the Royal Chapel
- Complimentary food or drinks
- Tickets for the monuments
Know Before You Go
The tour runs on all days of the week at 10:30 AM. Tours are not available on December 25th, and 1st January. The duration of the tour is approximately 2 hours.
This tour involves a fair amount of walking. Please wear comfortable shoes.
Strict Cancellation Policy
This experience cannot be canceled, amended or rescheduled.
You will receive your mobile voucher in your email shortly. Please display this on your mobile device along with a valid photo ID before the tour commences.