Astronomic Tour to Teide with Observatory Access + Transfers
Observe stars with this day trip to the Teide Observatory on the island of Tenerife. Feel like a scientist for a day as you learn about astronomy on a guided tour of the observatory. After sunset, use the long-range telescopes to discover the secrets of the sky at the Teide National Park!
- Enjoy a guided tour of Tenerife's observatory, known for its solar observations and robotic astronomy
- Take part in an astrophysics workshop and observe sunspots and solar flares using two solar telescopes
- See the national park bathed in the beautiful hues of the sunset
- Observe planets, galaxies and clusters with long-range telescopes during your astronomical tour
- With hotel transfers included in your ticket, and the option to choose between an English or Spanish-speaking guide this makes for a hassle-free experience
- Transport for small groups
- Starlight Guide in English or Spanish
- Guided tour of the Teide Observatory
- Astronomical observation on the Teide using long-range telescopes
- A stop for snacks
- Food: you can buy the optional menu, bring your own food or use the cable car vending machines.
- Starlight Guide in languages other than English or Spanish
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24h before the schedule
If you thought Tenerife was all sun and sandy beaches, think again. The island is famous for science, its volcanoes and stargazing in Tiede. In fact, the Canary Islands are one of the best places on Earth to observe the sky, thanks to professional astronomical instruments and the quality of the sky on the peaks of Tenerife. Your ticket includes a guided tour of the Tenerife Observatory in the afternoon, a view of the magnificent sunset in the National Park, and a stargazing experience using long-range telescopes at an altitude of 2,356 m at the base station of the Teide cable car. During your afternoon visit to the Tenerife Observatory, you will be able to take part in the most interesting astrophysics workshop, and observe sunspots and solar flares using two solar telescopes.
The astronomical observation that takes place at night occurs just under the clear and unpolluted sky of the Teide National Park. This is the perfect place to discover planets, galaxies and clusters like you never imagined.Tip: book the tour on a full moon night and fall in love with its bright appearance. You'll be able to see it all: craters, mountain ranges and other lunar wonders!
know before you go
This ticket has the following variants that you can choose from:
- English-Guided Tour
- Spanish-Guided Tour
- Teide Cable Car is located within a protected national park and therefore you are expected to follow a series of basic rules of civic behavior and respect the natural environment. Do not litter or take rocks, plants, or animals. Please remember that it is prohibited to make fire, loud noises or to camp
- The Teide observatory (TO) is located at an altitude of about 2,400 metres above sea level, at which altitude oxygen is decreasing. The groups move around inside the observatory on gravel paths.For this reason, the visit is not recommended for people with general health problems (anaemia, respiratory or cardiac problems, mobility problems, etc.) If you are not sure whether you should visit the TO, please consult your doctor first.
- The TO is not responsible for any health problems that may be caused by altitude or by failure to observe the following recommendations and warnings.
- The TO does not have medical assistance on its premises. The nearest hospital is about an hour and a half away by car.
- If you experience symptoms of dizziness, nausea, shortness of breath, ringing in the ears, blocked ears or headaches during your visit, please inform your guide immediately.
- There are public toilets in the observatory. Please note that the toilets are located 10-15 minutes walk from the car park. Due to time limits and constraints related to the visit schedule, please use the toilets before the start of the visit. Please leave the toilets as clean as you found them.
- Please respect the environment as the TO is located in a national park. Smoking and eating, littering is not permitted except where indicated, and leaving the established trails is not permitted.
- For your own safety, please stay with your assigned group at all times and follow the instructions given by the guide.
- If you are provided with safety suits or safety equipment in the facility area, they must be used and maintained properly.
- It is absolutely forbidden to leave the safety area or touch anything inside the buildings.
- Children under 8 years of age are not allowed to participate in early evening and night activities.
- You will need coins to use the cable car vending machines.
- When going on a Teide cable car tour, you should be prepared for extremes in weather, both heat as well as cold, depending on the time of year
- Wear warm clothing, proper footwear and carry sunscreen
- Due to the low humidity levels that are common at the TO, come prepared with enough liquid (water or juice) to prevent dehydration.
Transport is available from 2:15 PM to 4:30 PM and the pick-up time depends on sunset and scheduled departures each day. Your pick-up time will be notified by e-mail and/or SMS, so please check your messages. For the same reason, we need you to provide us with the name of your hotel or the address of your accommodation, as well as a mobile phone number at the time of booking.
Ages 3-13yrs enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification
- This ticket includes hotel pickups and drop-offs
- While booking, please provide the name of your hotel
- If your hotel is not in the pickup zone, you will be provided with the nearest pickup location
- On the day of your tour, please arrive at your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to the scheduled pickup time
- If your hotel does not have a lobby, please wait at the entrance of your hotel
This ticket is valid on the date and time selected during checkout