Opera Performance Tickets at the Sydney Opera House
Admire the architectural marvel that is the Sydney Opera House while catching an astounding Opera show of your preference.
- Spend an evening at the architectural wonder of the Sydney Opera House, a must-visit in Sydney.
- Admire the interior of the Opera House as you walk into the city's most famous building.
- Enjoy this season's special operas from renowned composers like Verdi.
- Typically performances run for 2-3 hours with an interval or two in between.
- Grab a drink at the bar and soak in views of Sydney Harbor from this unique vantage point.
- Choose to attend an opera show of your preference where performances of La Traviata and Attila and more.
- Admission into Sydney Opera House
- Tickets to a single opera performance
- Food & drinks
You can cancel these tickets up to 48 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Overlooking the Sydney Harbor, stands on the Sydney Opera House. It is a UNESCO World Heritage site. It is said to be “one of the indisputable masterpieces of human creativity, not only in the 20th century but in the history of humankind”. That said, a trip to Sydney is incomplete without a visit to the Sydney Opera House. Nobody will argue that the best way to experience the magic of this place is to watch an Opera performance under one of its brilliant sails. This season offers some of the world’s favorite operas from legendary composers. Typically, performances start at 12pm/12:30pm or 7pm/7:30pm and run for 2-3 hours, with intervals for you to enjoy a drink at the bar and enjoy the harbor view.
This season includes La Traviata and Attila.
know before you go
know before you go
- Carry your passport or any photo ID for verification
- Cameras will not be allowed inside the theaters
- You can collect your tickets from the Box Office at Sydney Opera House one hour before the performance
- There is no mandatory dress code, but smart casuals are recommended
- It is preferable to carry a jacket or cover because it can get cold inside the theaters
- Guests are recommended to arrive early to avoid rushing. Ushers will close the doors at showtime and may not allow latecomers in until there is a suitable pause in the performance
- In-house bar
- Wheelchair accessible
The Joan Sutherland Theatre at the Sydney Opera House has a seating capacity of 1,507. Click here to view the seating map.
Approx. 2 hours and 40 minutes, including two intervals.
- 7:30pm: Oct 22, 26, 28, 31 | Nov 2, 4
Approx. 2 hours and 20 minutes, including one interval.
- 7:30pm: Oct 29 | Nov 1, 3, 5
You will receive an email confirmation along with your mobile voucher shortly after you book the tickets. Your tickets will be available at the Box Office of the Sydney Opera House about one hour before the performance. You will need to display a photo ID to collect your tickets.
We would recommend reaching the Theatre at least 30 minutes prior to your show.