Sydney Opera House Walking Tour
Witness the grandeur and elegance of one of Australia’s most iconic sights that registers over 8 million visitors every year! Join your expert guide on an informative tour of the Sydney Opera House and admire this architectural marvel and its surrounding scenery.
- Walk under the glorious sails as you soak in the breathtaking surroundings of the Sydney Opera House on this tour.
- Discover the rich history, fascinating stories, and pure magic of the Sydney Opera House on this guided walking tour.
- You could also choose to attend one of the many performances at the Opera House to better appreciate its state-of-the-art facilities. (Note: This is not included in the ticket price)
- Admission to the Sydney Opera House
- Expert English-speaking tour guide
- Food or drinks
- Pick-up and drop-off services
- Other personal expenses
super flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel this experience up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
An Architectural Marvel
Bask in the magnificence of Australia’s defining architectural marvel of the 20th century. Considered a UNESCO world heritage site and Australia’s proudest achievement, the Sydney Opera House shows up consistently in pop culture. The opera house was inspired by modern expressionist design and is characterized by the precast ‘shells’, which are sections of a 75.2-meter sphere, that make up the roof of the massive structure.
Learn More About the Opera House
Learn about the motivation, original design by Jørn Utzon, and consequent rise to popularity as one of the top destinations for artistic expression. Your expert guide will take you around all the important parts of the Opera House while explaining its significance in Australian culture and history. As the tour will take less than an hour to complete, this is a great way to explore the Sydney Opera House and learn about it if you are short on time.
know before you go
COVID-19 Safety Measures
To keep your customers and our staff safe from COVID-19, we have implemented the following procedures on site:
- We strongly recommend that patrons over the age of 12 wear a face mask while attending a tour
- Masks will be made available by our guides if you don't have one
- Tours will not exceed 15 guests per tour
- All tour guests will be required to provide contact details on arrival
- Children aged 0-15 must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Arrive early to allow time for security screening. If possible, please bring a smaller bag or leave it at home for faster processing
- Video recording is not allowed. Your tour guide will advise you while on tour if photographs are not to be taken inside the venue
- Please note that bags larger than a standard handbag will need to be cloaked on arrival and may be subject to a search before being cloaked. Suitcases or large backpacks will not be permitted to be cloaked within the Sydney Opera House facilities
19 Apr 2021 - 25 Jun 2021
12 July 2021 - 17 Sept 2021
4 Oct 2021 - 17 Dec 2021
31 Jan 2022 - 8 Apr 2022
- Thu, Fri, Sun, Mon: 10:30 AM, 12 PM, 2 PM
- Sat: 9 AM, 10:30 AM, 12:30 PM
26 June 2021 – 11 July 2021
18 Sept 2021 – 17 Sept 2021
18 Dec 2021 – 30 Jan 2022
- Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri: 10:30 AM, 12 PM, 2 PM
- Sat: 9 AM, 10:30 AM, 12:30 PM
Infants aged 4 and below go free. Children aged 5-15, as well as students aged 16+, enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
Unfortunately, this tour is not wheelchair accessible
How To Redeem Your Ticket
You will receive your mobile voucher in your email shortly. Please display this on your mobile device along with a valid photo ID at the venue before the tour commences.
Welcome Center (lower ground level), Sydney Opera, Bennelong Point, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia.
Circular Quay is a six-minute walk from the Sydney Opera House. Several modes of public transport can be found at this point.
- Get off at Circular Quay using buses 304, 333, 333N, 373, 374, 377, 392, 394, 396, 397, 399, 500, 507, 515,518, 520, M52, L94, X94, and X97.
- Take ferry F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F7 or F8 to Circular Quay.
- Take train T1, T2, T3, T7 or T8 to Circular Quay.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected at the time of booking. Failure to arrive at the specified time will be considered a no-show and no refunds shall be provided.