Sydney BridgeClimb Summit
Make your way to the stunning summit of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and get spectacular views of the city. An energetic and thrilling experience, the BridgeClimb takes you through the heart of this steel mega-structure and lets you taste the crisp air at the top.
- Take part in an enjoyable ascent up the renowned Harbour Bridge, as you take the upper arch to the summit and marvel at clear 360-degree panoramic views of the city, a perfect escape from the city’s traffic and noise.
- This 3.5-hour climb up the Harbour Bridge is better suited for those climbing for the first time who may require more attention from the Climb Leaders since it has sufficient stops and breaks on the way, though it is still an athletic activity; please ensure that you check age restrictions and recommendations before booking.
- A maximum of 14 people will ascend the bridge at the same time, ensuring that you have a private and hassle-free experience.
- With a vast array of timings available, make sure to book fast to get a chance to see Sydney at twilight, during the day, dawn or at night!
- With the night option, witness the city of Sydney illuminated after dark, including the stunning Opera House!
- Ascend more than 1300 steps up the Sydney Harbour Bridge and get a spectacular view of the city from the top!
- 3.5 hour climb
- Outdoor Gear
- BridgeClimb Cap
- Group photograph
- Certificate of achievement
- Free Pass to Pylon Lookout
- Pick up and drop off to hotel
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
Prepare yourself at Climb Base
The meeting point is at the Climb Base, situated close to the bridge. Depending on the time chosen, you will be given appropriate outdoor gear. For climbs during night, twilight and dusk, care will be taken to ensure that there is sufficient lighting to reach the summit.
Enjoy a Breathtaking Climb up the Sydney Harbour Bridge
Once you are all set to go, your Harbour Bridge adventure will begin. The ascent will take approximately three and a half hours, with ample stops and opportunities to take in the wonderful sights around you. Depending on the time of day you would like to climb, you can choose the appropriate option. Note that there are limited departures during twilight and dawn so book well ahead of time if those are the time slots that appeal to you.
As you ascend the stairs, your Climb Leader and guide will talk you through the history of the bridge and the vision with which it was built in 1932. You will learn about the details of its construction and how it went on to become an icon synonymous with Sydney. You will latch onto the Climb Base just underneath the Bradfield Highway and walk along the catwalks until you reach the South-East Pylon. Here, you will see 4 ladders that go up to the upper arch.
The summit will then be in sight, and you will climb along thw outer arch to reach the highest point. Combined with the euphoria of having scaled the bridge, you can savor the dazzling sights around you. The Opera House, Botanical Gardens, Luna Park and Observatory are some landmarks that are clearly visible from the top. Following a celebration with your group, you will then cross the spine over to the other side, where you can begin the descent to Climb Base.
know before you go
- Due to safety reasons, you won’t be able to take your own cameras and mobile phones on the climb. It along with your other belongings can be deposited in secure lockers.
- Children between the ages of 8 and 15, who are at least 1.2 meters tall can accompany an adult in this experience.
- People who are more than 75 years of age and are looking to take part in this experience need to carry a Certificate of Fitness. Please download this file, fill it, and carry it with you when you go for this experience.
- This climb may put a lot of physical stress on your body, so make sure to get a physical assessment done before taking this experience.
- Your alcohol-blood reading will be checked before the climb. You will be allowed to take part in this experience only if your alcohol-blood reading is below 0.5.
- The day climb is available on all days of the week, every hour between 9 AM and 3 PM.
- The twilight climb is available on all 7 days of the week at 4 PM.
- The night climb is available at 5 PM on all days of the week.
- The duration of the climb is approximately 3.5 hours.
This experience is available at four different times of the day so choose the option that is best suited to you:
- Day Climb
- Night Climb
- Twilight Climb
- Dawn Climb
Reduced Price Tickets
Child Tickets are available for children between the age of 8 and 15.
Comfortable walking shoes and sunglasses are recommended.
How To Redeem Your Ticket
You will receive your Sydney BridgeClimb mobile voucher in your email shortly. Please display this on your mobile device along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
BridgeClimb Sydney, 3 Cumberland St, The Rocks New South Wales 2000, Australia
Reach the Circular Quay using the following modes of transport. From here, walk along George Street until you reach the corner where Guylian Cafe is located. Take Argyle Street and reach the Argyle Stairs next to Sake Restaurant. The stairs will lead to Cumberland Street. Walk north along the street, and you will find BridgeClimb located on the western side just before the toad snakes underneath the bridge.
- Get off at stop Circular Quay using trains T1, T2, T3, T7, or T8.
- Get off at stop Circular Quay using buses 304, 333, 333N, 373, 374, 377, 392, 394, 396, 397, 399, 500, 507, 515, 518, 520, L94, X94, X97, or M52.
- Get off at the Circular Quay using ferries F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F7, F8.