Floriade Expo Half Day Tour from Amsterdam
Reimage a more sustainable world at Floriade Expo 2022, an international horticulture exhibition that takes place only once in 10 years!
- See beautiful nature from around the globe when you visit Floriade Expo 2022 themed "Growing Green Cities".
- This international horticulture show, happening once every decade, highlights a variety of sustainable innovations designed by over 35 countries.
- You'll get a bird's eye perspective of the colorful park during a comfortable 8-minute cable car ride.
- Don't know which areas are a must-visit? Opt for a guided tour and get insider information, tips, and fascinating stories straight from your expert tour guide.
- Add in an Amsterdam Canal Cruise as the cherry on top to make the most of your evening after leaving the Expo.
- Entry to Floriade Expo 2022
- Pick-up from a central point in Amsterdam
- Live guide (optional)
- Canal cruise in Amsterdam (optional)
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
How can we grow green cities? Floriade Expo 2022 answers this question through a stunning horticulture show open to international participants. A quick search will tell you that horticulture is the art of cultivating plants in gardens. These plants can be used for food, medicines, or comfort. You'll head to the Expo from Amsterdam on a 40-minute air-conditioned bus transfer. The park is brimming with intriguing sustainable solutions for reimagining the future of cities through horticulture. The overarching theme of this once-in-10-year event is "Growing Green Cities". A cable car ride is also included in your experience - take flight over the Expo grounds in a comfortable cabin!
Floriade Expo Guided Tour
You can upgrade your ticket to opt for a guided tour of Floriade Expo 2022. The expert tour guide will give you an orientation tour during which they will highlight all the popular and must-visit sections in the park. Once it is over, explore the 60-acre park at your own pace to your heart's content.
Floriade Expo Guided Tour + Canal Cruise
To make this day even more fun-filled, guests can also opt for the Guided Tour + Canal Cruise ticket. Once you're back in Amsterdam, your guide will give you a ticket to a relaxing canal cruise. You'll sail past iconic landmarks of the city like the Golden Age, the Westerkerk, and the Anne Frank House. What better way to spend the day around beautiful flowers at Floriade and sit back on a rejuvenating journey through the Dutch waters!
what to expect at the expo
what to expect at the expo
All participating countries have created unique spaces (pavilions) highlighting innovative mechanisms for sustainable horticulture. You'll be amazed at the variety of flowers, colors, and fragrances around you as you explore these.
Some pavilions you shouldn't miss out on:
How can a barren urban jungle transform into a lush city with greener parks designed from native plants? Find out at the Cyprus Pavilion!
Take in the natural perfume of the Mediterranean Garden at this pavilion. The blooming flowers and edible plants give a glimpse of how horticulture makes its way into some cultures' cuisines.
Can an arid desert be remade into a flourishing land full of vegetation? Qatar presents an aspirational model built with 3D printing and sustainable materials.
The Green House presents solutions by applying circular horticulture. You'll find countries like Ethiopia, South Korea, India, and Bolivia taking a stab at innovating in the 1-acre ultramodern greenhouse.
In the Dutch horticulture section, you'll see a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, colorful flowers and plants, all made via sustainable ideas for liveable cities. Also, find interactive attractions and adventure here!
know before you go
know before you go
- The whole park is cashless. Only card payments will be accepted.
- Pick-up times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes as this experience involves a small amount of walking.
- Infants must sit on laps.
- The park is wheelchair and pram/stroller accessible.
- The cable car will not be used in stormy conditions.
- 40-min drive to Floriade Expo 2022
- Guided tour at the Expo (optional)
- Explore Floriade at your own pace for 3 hours
- Drive back to Amsterdam
- Canal cruise (optional)
14 Apr 2022 to 9 Oct 2022
- Departure time from the pick-up point: 9am
- Operating hours of Floriade Expo 2022: 10am - 7pm
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the pick-up point.
- Please arrive at the pick-up point 20 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
- Board your bus to the Expo at This is Holland.
- Address: Overhoeksplein 51, 1031 KS Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- It is important that all guests arrive well in time. Due to traffic regulations in Amsterdam, buses are not allowed to stop for a long time at the pick-up point.
- The closest bus stop is Amsterdam, Buiksloterwegveer. It is a quick 4-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board bus #38 to get you there.
- The closest ferry terminal is Buiksloterweg. It is a quick 4-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board ferry F3 to get you there.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.