Santorini Volcano, Hot Springs & Thirassia Day Cruise From Fira
Admire Santorini’s caldera aboard a boat as you cruise to the island's volcano. Climb to its craters to see and learn about its history along with an expert guide. Finally, enjoy a dip in hot springs and explore a traditional Thirassia village before your return cruise.
- Explore Santorini’s caldera, craters, and hot springs, and go on a Thirassia cruise from Fira
- See the volcano's craters, swim in its hot springs, and tour a Thirassia village
- Upgrade for return transfers from locations near all Santorini's hotels
- With hotel transfers and a guide for company, this is an effortless way to enjoy the caldera’s natural wonders
- Professional guide
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
- Local taxes
- Food and drinks
- Volcano's entrance fee (2.50 €)
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Your day begins with a convenient hotel pick-up to the picturesque Athinios port of Santorini. Gialos, the Old Port, lies below Fira, that rests at the foot of a rocky cliff. The steep slopes of the Caldera here will surprise you and in the end, the tiny port will magically appear out of these huge rocks and the cave houses that seem to dangle on the edge of the cliff. It is here that your guide will be waiting for you, and will help you orientate yourself on the boat.
Your first stop will be the famous volcano of Santorini. A 20-minute boat ride away, lies the Nea Kameni jetty. If you are interested in a guided tour of the volcano, you should pay 2.5euro/ per person as an entrance fee. From here, you will walk to the volcano’s ridge with your guide, who will explain to you everything about the history and the geology of the site. Stay and explore the volcanic island for 1.5hr before hopping on the boat to your next stop, the island of Palea Kameni. Most famous for its hot springs located on the west side, you will stop here for 30min at a distance of 30 meters from the shallow waters of Agios Nicholaos’ beach. The waters are mixed with mud that contain sulfur, iron and other metals from the volcano and are great for the skin, rheumatism, arthritis and other physical pains.
Your last stop for the day is the island of Thirassia. Aminiature of what Santorini used to be, today this is a virgin island, untouched by tourism and modern life style. Measuring only 9 sq. km in size, Thirassia is home to only about 300 permanent inhabitants. Stay here for 2 hours,explore this quaint little village and treat your tastebuds to authentic Santorinian cuisine. If you’d like, you can even walk at the main village of Manolas, which is the capital of Thirassia. The view over Santorini is spectacular from there.
know before you go
- In order to reach Agios Nicholaos’ beach is essential to swim extremely well
- Wear light clothing. Carry sunscreen, a hat, and a bottle of water, especially in the summers
Every day, starting at 10:30 AM
Ages 3-15yrs enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the time of pick-up
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification
- This ticket includes hotel pickups and drop-offs
- While booking, please provide the name of your hotel
- On the day of your tour, please arrive at your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to the scheduled pickup time
- If your hotel does not have a lobby, please wait at the entrance of your hotel
This ticket is valid on the date and time selected during checkout