Barron River Rafting Half Day Tour
- The ever-lively waters of Cairns' popular Barron River make this an ideal location year-round.
- Grade 3 rapids throw an intermediate challenge your way, making for an adventurous activity.
- Your expert tour guide will keep you company on the alternating smooth and bumpy waters.
- You'll be surrounded by Cairns' tropical rainforest, contrasting the blue waters of Barron.
- Choose to get picked up from your hotel/accommodation (in Cairns or Port Douglas) or drive on your own to the location.
- 2-hr white water rafting on Barron River
- Rafting equipment
- Hotel transfers (optional)
- River levy ($30 per person, payable onboard)
- Shoes (available on hire for $5 per pair)
You can cancel these tickets up to 168 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Enjoy 2 hours of pure rafting fun on Cairns' popular Barron River. This is known to be a great venue to get out on the water and partake in adventurous water sporting activities, and what better way to start your trip than by white water rafting! This course offers the intermediate challenge of Grade 3 rapids, dialing up the fun factor. Guaranteed water levels throughout the year make for the ideal rafting destination- that, and the fact that it is not too far away from Cairns! A friendly but professional tour guide will join you and the rest of the rafters before navigating your way through the smooth and bumpy waters of the Barron River. Be enveloped by the striking greenery of Cairns' tropical rainforest, a great visual contrast to the blue waters you'll be gliding on. This semi-challenging, and super enjoyable rafting experience in the Cairns region simply cannot be missed!
know before you go
This ticket has the following variants that you can choose from:
- Return Transfers from Cairns
- Return Transfers from Port Douglas
- Self Drive
All guests need to check-in before tour departure here.
Leave all jewelry and valuables at your accommodation.
What To Bring
- Mobile vouchers & $30 for Rafting Levy
- Swimming costume
- Money for souvenirs and snacks
- A change of clothes
- Secure waterproof footwear
Daily from 8:45am - 12:15pm, and 2pm - 5:30pm
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo while boarding
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays
- If you choose the self-drive ticket option, you will have to report at 82-100 Lake Placid Rd
- This is by Lake Placid Park
- If you choose the return transfer ticket options (from Cairns OR Port Douglas), hotel pickups and drop-offs are included in the price of your ticket
- On the day of your tour, please report at your hotel lobby 10-15 min prior to your scheduled departure
- If your hotel does not have a lobby, please wait at the entrance of the hotel
- Your Headout host will be waiting for you here
- This is only applicable for hotels/accomodation in Cairns or Port Douglas
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout