Hobart to Port Arthur Bus Service
- Instant confirmation
- Mobile ticket
- Transfers included
Embark on an unforgettable adventure to the former penal colony of Port Arthur. Catch some stunning views of the Hobart countryside during the 1.5 hour pre-arranged bus transfer to the attraction!
- Visit the historic Port Arthur, a former convict settlement in Tasmania.
- Take in the beautiful views of Hobart’s countryside during your 1.5-hour transfer.
- Enjoy a comfortable journey in a premium air-conditioned bus.
- Explore the numerous preserved structures built by convicts at Port Arthur.
- Learn about the living conditions and hear stories of the establishment.
- Round-trip transfers between Hobart and Port Arthur
- Hotel drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up
- Personal expenses
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
Ratings & Reviews
Ratings & Reviews
The experience will start at 7:45 AM from the Pennicott Wilderness Journeys Center. The transfer to Port Arthur will take approximately 1.5 hours, as you travel through the beautiful Hobart countryside. Take in the serene sights from the comfort of your air-conditioned bus.
You will reach Port Arthur at around 9:30 AM. You will have 7 hours to explore the historic area and its numerous attractions. Several tours and cruises are available, which you must book in advance to enjoy. Some of the must-see attractions include the Convict Church, the Prison Colony site, and the Isle of the Dead. The Convict Church is an unfinished building that was constructed by the incarcerated themselves. The Isle of the Dead has an estimated 1000 graves, and is located off the coast of Port Arthur. There are several cafes and restaurants located at Port Arthur where you can enjoy lunch and snacks. The return transfer to Hobart is at 4:30 PM. You will be dropped off at your hotel at around 6:00 PM.
Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
- Monday to Sunday - 7:30 AM
- Duration - 10 hours
- This tour is not available on 25th December.
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Contactless payments and online bookings are required.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests must bring along face masks for safety.
- The number of visitors has been limited to reduce crowds.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
- Dress in comfortable and layered clothing.
- Be sure to bring a raincoat rather than an umbrella, since it gets quite windy.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes since there is a fair amount of walking.
- Be sure to wear sunscreen and a hat since it can get quite sunny in the afternoons.
- The experience is wheelchair and stroller accessible.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must carry a valid student ID.
- You can redeem your tickets directly at Pennicott Wilderness Journeys.
- Address: Dock Head Building, Franklin Wharf, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia.
- The meeting point is located near Mawson Place Park.
- To locate the redemption point on Google Maps, simply search for - Pennicott Wilderness Journeys.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- The nearest bus stop is City Interchange Stop #D4.
- The stop is just 4 minutes away from the meeting point.
- Buses #725, #726, #731, and more will get you there.
This ticket is valid for the working hours of the day on the date selected during checkout.