Full-Day Guided Tour of Ayutthaya Historical Park + Hotel Transfers
Explore the magnificent temples and other iconic sites of the ancient Thai capital city of Ayutthaya.
- Experience the spectacular Ayutthaya Historical Park on this full-day tour.
- Delve into ancient Buddhist beliefs, culture, and history as you explore Thailand’s ancient capital.
- Enjoy the company of an expert guide and round-trip hotel transfers
- Visit the Bang Pa-In Royal Palace with its golden pagodas and serene pools.
- Watch out for a gigantic stone Buddha head scattered between tree roots at Wat Mahathat.
- Full-day tour of Ayutthaya Historical Park & other sites
- Expert English and Thai-speaking tour guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Transportation between attractions
- Drinking water
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entrance fees to all attractions
- Food & drinks
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Located just 85 kilometers away from Bangkok, Thailand’s ancient capital city dates back to the 1350s! On your way, you will visit the Bang Pa-In Royal Palace, a common summer residence used by ancient Thai kings. Once at Ayutthaya, you will have much to see. The Ayutthaya Historical Park is a must-visit for lovers of history, architecture, and religion. Learn all about Buddhist history from your expert tour guide as you walk through the site.
At the park, you’ll notice Wat Mahathat, a religious site where a decapitated Buddha head rests between ancient tree roots. You’ll visit Wat Mongkol Borpit and Wat Phra Sri Sanphet, known for their Buddha statues and holy complexes. Finally, explore Wat Chaiwatthanaram, a UNESCO site with towering stone chedis that makes quite the backdrop for a good photograph. After a fun and informative day out, you will travel back to Bangkok and get dropped off at your hotels.
Did you know: Much of Ayutthaya was destroyed by Burmese invaders in the 18th century, leaving the city in this state of despair?
know before you go
know before you go
- 7:30am - 8:30am: Pick-up within the free pick-up area/meeting point
- 10am: Bang Pa-In Royal Palace
- 11:30am: Ayutthaya tour (explore the ancient capital)
- 12:30pm: Lunch at a local restaurant (at your own expense)
- 1:30pm: Wat Yai Chai Mongkol, Wat Mahathat, Wat Mongkol Borpit, Wat Phrasri Samphet, and Wat Chaiwatthanaram
- 5pm: Return to the meeting point/your accommodation.
- While entering the temples, all visitors must cover their shoulders and knees
- Wear comfortable clothing and footwear as a fair amount of walking is involved.
- Entrance fees (Royal Palace 100THB, Wat Mahathat 50THB, Wat Phra Sri Sanphet 50THB, Wat Chaiwatthanaram 50THB, Wat Yai Chai Mongkhon 20THB) are excluded and can be bought onsite.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your tour guide
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays
- This ticket includes complimentary hotel transfers if your hotel is within the free hotel pickup zone
- Make sure to mention the name of your hotel while booking
- Your hotel pickups will be scheduled between 7:30am and 8:30am.
- Please report at your hotel lobbies 10-15 minutes before the scheduled time of departure
Free Hotel Pickup Zones
Khaosarn Road, Narathiwas Ratnakarin, Sathorn Road(North and South), Pratunam, and Wireless road
- If your hotel is not within the free hotel pickup zone, please report at the meeting point
- Your meeting point is National Stadium BTS Station Exit 2 (Rama I Rd, Wang Mai, Pathum Wan District, Bangkok 10330, Thailand)
- Your tour guide will be waiting for you here, holding a "TripGuru" sign