Hobart to Port Arthur Bus Service with Port Arthur Historic Site
Visit the renowned Port Arthur site from Hobart, and explore the historic landmark at your own pace. With round-trip transfers included, enjoy a seamless and hassle-free experience.
- Explore the top attraction of Tasmania, the Port Arthur Historic Site.
- Enjoy a hassle-free transfer to the attraction in an air-conditioned bus.
- Learn about some important landmarks on the way from Hobart to Port Arthur from your friendly driver.
- Discover the nooks and crannies of Port Arthur, now considered an open-air museum, at your own pace.
- Air-conditioned transport during the tour
- Food and drinks
- Tour guide
- Port Arthur admission fee
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
ratings & reviews
ratings & reviews
Your experience will start at 10:30 AM from the pickup point. You will travel in a comfortable air-conditioned bus during the 1.5 hour trip to Port Arthur. The friendly driver will fill you in on some of the important landmarks along the way, and tell you a few stories of the area. On reaching the destination at 12:00 PM, you will have 4 hours to explore the area.
Famous for being a convict settlement, Port Arthur is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and covers an area of 146 hectares. There are numerous landmarks in the area, such as the convict-built church, the church of Point Peur, and the Prison Colony Site, which are a must-see. There are numerous guided walking tours that take place in this time slot, which you can opt for. You can also choose to take a relaxing cruise to the Isle of the Dead. A walking tour is available at 12:30 PM and a harbor cruise at 1:40 PM. Be sure to book in advance if you would like to experience these tours.
know before you go
know before you go
- From 19th September 2021: Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
- 10:30 AM onwards
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Contactless payments and online bookings are required.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests must bring along face masks for safety.
- The number of visitors has been limited to reduce crowds.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
- Dress in comfortable and layered clothing.
- Be sure to bring a raincoat rather than an umbrella, since it gets quite windy.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes since there is a fair amount of walking.
- Be sure to wear sunscreen and a hat since it can get quite sunny in the afternoons.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- You can redeem your tickets directly at Pennicott Wilderness Journeys.
- Address: Dock Head Building, Franklin Wharf, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia.
- The meeting point is located near Mawson Place Park.
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Pennicott Wilderness Journeys.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- The nearest bus stop is City Interchange Stop #D4.
- The stop is just 4 minutes away from the meeting point.
- Buses #725, #726, #731, and more will get you there.
This ticket is valid for the working hours of the day on the date selected during checkout.