Botanical Gardens of Palermo Entrance Tickets
Breeze past the long lines at the entrance and discover the wonders of the sprawling Orto Botanico di Palermo with an exclusive skip-the-line ticket.
- Travel to the famed Botanical Gardens at the University of Palermo.
- Enjoy quick access to the garden with your skip-the-line ticket.
- Learn about a vast array of fascinating plant species as you explore the garden.
- Observe several intriguing species of algae, lichen, and fungus in the herbarium.
- Learn about cutting-edge research on tropical plants in the experimental and research zone.
- Visit stunning areas of the garden such as the Gymnasium, Winter Garden, and Tineo Room.
- Admire the magnificent Giant Bamboo, the Ficus Magnolioide, and the Cotton Tree.
- Skip-the-line access to Orto Botanico Palermo
- Guided tours
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
Counted amongst the finest attractions in the coastal city of Palermo, Orto Botanico is amongst Italy’s oldest gardens of its kind to still be in use. Since the 18th century, Orto Botanico has strived to formally study and preserve flora from all over the world. Today, Orto Botanico’s herbarium alone boasts an impressive collection of over 250,000 specimens from various habitats. As you stroll through the garden’s various sectors, you will be accompanied by the heady scent of these exotic species. Admire the imposing Giant Bamboo, the Papaya, and the Cotton Tree amongst many other old trees in the open-air museum.
The botanical garden is divided into five primary sectors - the Linnaeus System, the Mediterranean Hill, the Succulent Garden, the Engler System, and the Medicinal and Aromatic Plants section. Witnessing the range of plant species, some of which only grow in deserts or in tropical jungles, is an exhilarating experience. The Aquarium and the Winter Garden are also sights you cannot miss. Gifted by the Archbishop of Palermo, the Aquarium is a gorgeous circular pool that is split into three concentric rings, each of which hosts a different variety of aquatic plant species.
know before you go
know before you go
- Since some of the plants are toxic, being in direct contact or attempting to damage plants is prohibited.
- It is always important to walk on the paths and walkways, and avoid treading over ornamental or experimental plant beds.
- The garden is wheelchair accessible.
- All garbage must be disposed of in the correct bins.
- If you are a guide or a chaperone for school groups, it is your responsibility to ensure that the children behave in an orderly fashion.
- Pets are not allowed inside the garden under any circumstance.
- Bicycles, roller skates, etc. may not be used inside the garden premises.
- In order to curtail the spread of the pandemic, not more than 200 people may enter the garden at the same time.
- Foreign plant material/soil should not be introduced into the garden by guests unless permission has been given by the garden management.
- Balls, kites, and frisbees are not allowed inside the garden.
- Photography for non-commercial, personal use is permitted. If you need to film for any other purpose, seek express permission from the director.
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
- 1 to 31 Oct : 9 AM - 6 PM (last admission 5.15 PM).
- 1 Nov - 28 Feb : 9 AM - 5 PM (last admission 4.15 PM).
- 1 - 31 Mar : 9 AM - 6 PM (last admission 5:15 PM).
- 1 - 30 April : 9 AM - 7 PM (last admission 6:15 PM).
- 1 May - 31 August : 9 AM - 8 PM (last admission 7:15 PM).
Children aged 6-12yrs, students aged 18-25yrs, and senior citizens aged 70yrs and above enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the ticketing office.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your ticket at the entrance of the attraction: Orto Botanico Palermo.
- Address: Via Lincoln, 2, 90133 Palermo PA, Italy.
Get Directions to the Redemption Point.
- The closest bus stop is Lincoln - Orto Botanico, a 1-min walk to the attraction.
- Bus 107, 224, and more will get you here.
This ticket is valid for the date selected during checkout.