Skip the Line Ticket to The Lower Belvedere Palace
While the Upper Belvedere claims all the glory with its Klimts and Waldmüllers, its smaller cousin - the Lower Belvedere blends stunning temporary art exhibitions with classic baroque architecture.
- Skip the lines at the Lower Belvedere building, originally built for Prince Eugene as a residential building.
- Explore its staterooms that illustrate the Baroque lifestyle and craftsmanship.
- Tour The Hall of Grotesques, The Gold Cabinet, The Marble Gallery, and more fascinating rooms.
- Enjoy access to quality temporary art exhibitions coupled with classic Baroque architecture.
- Plug into an audio guide for the special exhibitions, available in English and German only.
- Admission tickets to Lower Belvedere
Deze tickets kunnen niet geannuleerd of verschoven worden.
With a unique overall complex consisting of two palaces, the Lower and Upper Belvedere, this UNESCO World Heritage Site is one of the most stunning examples of Baroque architectural ensembles in the world. The construction was started in the 18th century at the behest of the Austrian general Prince Eugene of Savoy, who commissioned the famous Baroque architect Johann Lukas von Hildebrandt to build a summer residence. On completion, the Lower Belvedere served as a residential building for Prince Eugene and marked the boundary between the Baroque building complex and the imperial city of Vienna.
Today, the rooms of Lower Belvedere and the Orangery play host to illustrious temporary exhibitions and events. Other highlights of the palace include The Hall of Grotesques, The Marble Gallery, The Gold Cabinet, and the Palace Stables. See the stucco war trophies that proudly reflect Prince Eugene's military successes in The Marble Gallery, and see the lavish Gold Cabinet that has been displayed in its original condition since 1765. Visit The Hall of Grotesques to admire paintings preserved in their original condition, as well as the grotesques painted on the walls and ceilings. A special treat awaits art lovers in the Palace Stables, the home of priceless artworks from the Medieval collection.
Dalí – Freud
- Admire the seamless blend of one man's art with another man's theories.
- Available from: 28 Jan 2022 to 29 May 2022.
- At peak-times visitors will receive a time ticket on-site in addition to their admission ticket.
The Invention of Venice in the 19th Century
- Discover Austria's perceptions of Venice established in 19th-century art.
- Available from: 17 Feb 2022 to 4 Sep 2022.
In Southern Light
- Explore the first-ever solo exhibition dedicated to the renowned landscape painter Joseph Rebell.
- Available from: 15 Jun 2022 to 13 Nov 2022.
The Tree in Art
- Explore the complex relationship between the mysterious, silent trees and humankind.
- Available from: 23 Sep 2022 to 8 January 2023.
know before you go
- The BIP garage at Palais Schwarzenberg and the BIP garage at Schwarzenbergplatz offer discounted parking for a time window of 6 hours. When you validate your parking ticket at the ticket offices of the Lower or Upper Belvedere (see opening times), you can park for up to 6 hours for € 6 in one of the two garages that are open all day (midnight).
- An audio guide is available at the ticket counter in German and English, only for selected temporary exhibitions.
- Rental fees: Exhibition tour Lower Belvedere, € 4.00.
- For reasons of hygiene, we ask you to use personal headphones (standard 3.5 mm connection). As an alternative, disposable headphones are provided.
Daily from 10am to 6pm
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display this mobile voucher at the attraction.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs.
- Note: ID card is NOT required if you have purchased non-discounted tickets.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your ticket at Lower Belvedere
- Address: Rennweg 6, 1030 Vienna, Austria
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
- Tram 71, Station "Unteres Belvedere".
- Tram D, Station "Gußhaustraße".
Bike parking at the Rennweg entrance.
Ticket is valid for one year after the date of purchase.