Wine Tour of the Douro Valley with Lunch, Tastings & River Cruise
Surround yourself with the captivating views of the Douro Valley landscape and compliment it with a guided tour of two famous Port Wine Estates, tasting a wide range of wine at each of them. End your tour with a scrumptious lunch at a cozy restaurant and enjoy a relaxing hour on the cruise on the Pinhão river.
- Be dazzled by the scenic natural setting of the Douro Valley as you experience nature at its best surrounded by beautiful wine estates.
- Visit 2 famous wine estates and experience the pleasure of tasting exquisite wines at both farms.
- Stop at the historic town of Amarante which is famous for its beautiful Convent of São Gonçalo and extraordinary churches.
- Fill your tummy with a delicious lunch to taste some of Douro Valley’s best delicacies.
- Take a scenic drive to Pinhão, and stop for some photographs at the São Cristóvão viewpoint, to make lovely memories for years to come.
- Experience a cruise on the Pinhão river and see where it joins the waters of the Douro river.
- The tour is available in English, Portuguese, French, and Spanish.
- Choose your preferred language (English, French, Spanish or Portuguese)
- Guided tour
- Tour in a renowned wine estate with 3 wine tastings
- Cheese and olive oil tastings
- Lunch with Douro wine pairings
- Douro River cruise at Pinhão
- Other meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Go the scenic way
Start on a scenic journey of the lovely Douro Valley in Porto, and walk along witnessing the valley’s panoramic views. Stop for refreshing coffee and patisseries at one of the valley’s iconic pastry shops. Visit the historic town of Amarante and admire the city's churches and the Convent of São Gonçalo.
Go along and enter the valley’s small world of wine at the iconic two wine estates, located in the Douro Superior area where you’ll learn all about the region's history. Get to know from your guide everything there is to know about the valley’s wine and the family-owned wine estates as you taste 3 of the estate's wines. Stop for some delicious lunch paired with red and white Douro wines, overlooking the vineyards.
Drive to Pinhão, with a photo stop at the São Cristóvão viewpoint. After all the learning, drinking, and eating, spend a relaxing hour on the cruise on the river Pinhão and get a chance to see where the Pinhão river joins the waters of the Douro river.
End the tour, with another visit to the vineyard and discover the history of the vineyard and the secrets of the process of winemaking. Return to Porto by the N222, which is one of the most beautiful roads in the world.
know before you go
know before you go
- Lunch is included in the tour.
- The guide is available in 4 languages - English, Spanish, French, and Portuguese.
- Porto (Meeting-Point)
- Douro Valley
- Douro River
- Daily: 8:30am
- 10 hours
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide at Living Tours office, in front of São Bento station.
- Address: R. de Mouzinho da Silveira 352 354, 4050-418 Porto, Portugal.
- The closest bus stop is Est.s.bento. It is a quick 1-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board buses 910 and more to get you there.
- The closest metro station is São Bento. It is a quick 1-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board metro D to get you there.