Montmartre Walking Tour
On this walking tour, you’ll uncover the hidden sights of the most creative and bohemian neighborhood of Paris – Montmartre.
- Take a stroll through the cobbled streets of Montmartre, a neighborhood in Paris known for its artists, bohemian atmosphere, and eclectic culture.
- Visit Place du Tertre, famous for its vast number of artists and their street art.
- Enjoy a wonderful view of Paris from Montmarte’s hilltop. Get to know about top attractions of the city including the Cafe Des 2 Moulins, Sacré-Cœur Basilica, hear the colorful history of the Moulin Rouge, and more.
- Learn about the history of Montmartre from your expert guide and experience Parisian cuisine in the area, too.
- Experienced English speaking guide.
- Meal inclusions
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
On this walking tour, you’ll discover how and why Montmartre has been a favorite among French artists, artists from around the world, and lovers of entertainment from the mid-19th century.
Your walking tour starts at Moulin Rouge. The home to the lively and distinguishable ‘can-can’ dance, the famous artist – Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec – created some of his best artwork about Paris nightlife here. As you continue your tour, you’ll pass by iconic attractions such as Cafe des 2 Moulins was featured in the popular French film ‘Amelie’. The picturesque Rue des Abbesses was renowned for music concerts, theatrical productions, and a vast number of shops and bars. You find quaint cafes that saw the likes of great artists like Van Gogh and Pissaro. Your walking journey will continue past the famous cabarets in Paris, the only vineyard in the city, and the windmills as well.
End your tour at the highest point in Paris – the summit of Montmarte – where visitors come every year to enjoy the views of the city. From there, head to the Sacré-Cœur Basilica whose history dates back to the 16th century. Your guide will share historical facts about the shrine as you stop to admire the spectacular architecture.
know before you go
know before you go
- Moulin Rouge (approx 20 min)
- Café des 2 Moulins (approx 15 min)
- Rue des Abbesses (approx 20 min)
- Place du Tertre (approx 20 min)
- Sacré-Coeur Basilica (15 min)
- Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes as this is a walking tour.
- Your guide will take you inside the Basilica as long as it’s open. If it’s closed – as this occasionally happens – your guide will show you the attraction from the outside.
- Guide dogs and pets are allowed.
- Outside food and drinks are allowed.
- Photography is allowed.
- Baggage can be carried along.
- Daily: 2pm
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled tour time to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide in front of the Starbucks at 5 Pl. Blanche, 75009 Paris, France.
- Landmark: the Starbucks is located across the street from the Moulin Rouge.
- Look for your guide who’ll be holding an orange sign that says ‘ExperienceFirst.’
- The closest metro station is Blanche, a 1-min walk to the meeting point.
- Line 2 will get you here.
- The closes bus stops, ‘Blanche’ are a 1-min walk to the meeting point.
- Buses 30, 54, 74, N01 and 68 will get you here.