Headout Exclusive: Walking Tour of Montmartre
Discover one of the most beautiful districts of Paris with this free Montmartre walking tour. This exclusive English guided tour brings you closer to the locality's rich architectural heritage, history and culture that has inspired countless artists, poets and writers over the centuries.
- Explore Montmartre in Paris with this exclusive free 2-hour English guided tour.
- Walk through cobble-stoned alleyways of Montmartre Hill and climb the steps of Sacré-Coeur Basilica.
- Discover iconic attractions such as the Carrousel, the last windmill in Paris and homes and workshops of famous artists that called Montmartre home.
- Listen to stories about the mythical Passe-Muraille and the Witch of Montmartre.
- Learn about the history of Montmartre and what makes it the most bohemian and artistic district in Paris.
- Live English guide
- Small group, not more than 25 people
- 1.5-hour walking tour of Montmartre
- Sacré-Coeur entry
- Funicular access
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
Montmartre and it's inherent quirkiness has inspired legions of artists and writers over the years. On this free tour, you will be accompanied by an expert English guide who will take you to the most iconic spots in Montmartre and help you uncover the secrets that make it one of the most popular tourist destinations in Paris.
This walking tour begins at the Sortie Métro Blanche (Metro Blanche Exit), where you will find your guide waiting for you. You can then join the small group and begin your walking tour. If you have children accompanying you, don't worry as the tour has been designed keeping families in mind.
On this exclusive tour, your guide will lead you to some of the most iconic attractions in the district. The tour starts at the Carrousel - one of the oldest in Paris. Situated at the base of Sacré-Coeur, the carrousel features scenes of Venice on its painted roof.
After learning about the carrousel and the intriguing history behind its existence, the group will head towards Sacré-Coeur. Please note that entry to the basilica is not included in this tour and you will only climb the steps that lead up to it. You not only get to take in the wonderful sight of its facade, but also enjoy a stunning panoramic view of Montmartre and Paris.
After the basilica, you will be guided to the homes and workshops of the many artists that called Montmartre home. Some of the most notable artists who've lived in Montmartre include Picasso, Van Gogh, Pierre-Auguste Renoir, Edgar Degas and Salvador Dalí.
The tour will also take you to often looked-over parts of Montmartre such as the last windmill in Paris, haunted mansions and castles.
Stories of Montmartre
Apart from visiting the iconic attractions of Montmartre, your expert guide will also fill you in with stories and secrets from this quirky part of Paris. Apart from stories that surround the haunted mansions of Montmartre, you will also listen to mythical tales such as that of Passe-Muraille and the Witch of Montmartre.
know before you go
know before you go
Timings & Duration
This 90 minutes English guided tour of Montmartre starts at 2: 30 PM or 3 PM depending on the day you select. Please reach the meeting point (more details to follow) 10 minutes before the scheduled start time to meet your guide.
The meeting point is just next to the Sortie Métro Blanche (Metro Blanche Exit).
Due to the geography of Montmartre and the nature of the tour, this walking tour is not recommended for wheelchair users or families with buggies.
- Your mobile voucher will be sent to your email instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Your meeting point is Sortie Métro Blanche (Metro Blanche Exit), Paris, where you will find your guide waiting for you.
- You can then join the small group and begin your walking tour.
- The meeting point is right in front of Supermarket Monoprix.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- By Bus
Take bus 30, 54, or N01 and get down at Blanche bus stop, which stops right in front of the meeting point.
- By Metro
Take metro #2 and get down at the Blanche Metro Station, which stops right in front of the meeting point.