The Liverpool War Museum: Western Approaches Tickets
Peruse a host of offices and rooms of Western Approaches Museum for intriguing insight into the British Armed Forces' role in World War II.
- The Western Approaches Museum was the original underground command center for the Navy, Air Force & Marines.
- A visit to this museum lets you discover hidden rooms and hushed stories behind WW2 bunkers.
- Comprising 30,000 square feet of rooms and corridors, including the Operations Room, there is much to explore.
- Learn about the men and women that worked at Western Approaches during the war.
- Admission into Western Approaches Museum
- Guided tours
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
Travel back in time as you visit the Western Approaches Museum, the Liverpool War Museum. A labyrinth of rooms and offices act s as a precious time capsule from years long gone, giving you insight into the history of World War II. Pass through hidden rooms and uncover stories locked behind WW2 bunkers that protected tactics of the British Armed Forces.
Your self-guided tour shows you documents and tools used by the Forces to monitor enemy convoys and inform the British government of their findings, while retaining intelligence secrets from the enemy. Walk through operation rooms where Commanders WRNS & WAAF personnel worked tirelessly. This room was the nerve centre of the Battle of the Atlantic: they monitored convoy routes and vital shipping lines. As you find out intriguing facts about the people who once worked here, you'll get a better idea of their daily activities and responsibilities.
know before you go
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
- Due to the historic nature of the building, the only way around is via these staircases. Visitors with mobility restrictions preventing them using stairs are able to access some rooms on the upper floor.
- There are seats located around the building which can be used by visitors to take a rest. We also have small collapsible stools for visitors to take around if required.
- Accessibility aids (wheelchairs, mobility scooters etc.) as well as prams can be left at reception if possible.
- The toilets are located at the bottom of a ramp near the reception area. These are our only toilet facilities on site at present. While they do not have step access they are not wheelchair accessible.
- We do have baby changing facilities but unfortunately are not able to provide a “changing places” facility.
- Parking: There is pay and display parking on Rumford Street in front of the museum (this is run by the NCP). There are also a number of other car parks nearby.
- Daily from 10 AM - 5 PM (last entry at 4 PM).
- Infants aged 4yrs and under go free. Children aged 5-16yrs, youth aged 17-20yrs, and senior citizens aged 65yrs and above enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
Ticket Redemption Point
- You can redeem the tickets directly at the entrance of the attraction: Western Approaches Museum.
- Address: 1-3 Rumford St, Liverpool L2 8SZ, United Kingdom.
- The closest bus stop is Rumford Street (Stop CHB), a 1-min walk to the attraction.
- Bus 838 will get you here.
- The closest train station is Moorfields, a 5-min walk to the attraction.
- Train line Merseyrail will get you here.
This ticket is valid for the date selected during checkout.