Day Tour to Litchfield National Park from Darwin with Lunch
Step away from the din of the city and spend a day among the monsoon vine forests, rainforest pockets, and thundering waterfalls of Litchfield National Park. Transfers from Darwin and the company of an expert driver guide will ensure you have the most pleasant experience.
- Learn all about the wonders of nature you see on the tour from your expert driver guide.
- Experience easy pick-ups and transfers to and from Darwin for smooth, worry-free transportation.
- Take a break from your eager explorations and indulge in a delicious lunch at Litchfield Cafe.
- See colonies of rare ghost and orange horseshoe bats at the splendid Tomar Falls.
- Fun Fact: You will come across a rare handiwork of local termites, up to 2-meter-high magnetic termite mounds that stand upright like magnetic compasses.
- Air-conditioned hotel transfers from Darwin
- Commentary from English-speaking driver guide
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Set off from Darwin to revel in the beauty and the serenity of the monsoon vine forests, termite mounds, unusual rock formations, and waterfalls. Visit the stunning Florence Falls; take a moment to see the double falls from a high vantage point before heading down for a refreshing dip. Next up is a scenic, interpretive bush and monsoon vine forest walk.
Proceed to Tolmer Falls, whose waters disappear into a deep waterhole at the base of the falls, a fantastic photo opportunity for your travel album. Take a break to enjoy a delicious lunch amid nature's bounties. Once you are well-rested and well-fed, visit Wangi Falls with its crystal-clear pool and take a quick dip. From there, head towards the Howards Springs Nature Park where you can feed barramundi and turtles. The last delightful highlight of the tour is the magnetic termite mounds before beginning your journey back to Darwin.
Florence Falls | Interpretive guided walk | Tolmer Falls | Lunch | Wangi Falls | Howard Springs Nature Park | Magnetic Termite Mounds
know before you go
know before you go
- Please keep in mind that this experience requires a low to moderate level of fitness. There are 160 steps down to the swimming area of Florence Falls.
- Please bring enclosed walking shoes, sunglasses, a hat, sunscreen, a 1-liter water bottle, warm layers in cooler months, swimmers, and a towel.
Pick-up times vary depending on your chosen location. Please check and calendar and your location to see the available days and the pick-up time.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID during the pick-up.
- Wait outside the pick-up point as the guides will not go into lobbies or stores to look for you.
- This tour includes pick-up and drop-offs.
- In the next step of booking, please select the preferred pick-up point.
- On the day of your tour, arrive 15-20 minutes before the scheduled time at the pick-up point.