Skip the Line: Carcassonne Castle & Ramparts Ticket
Benefit from exclusive skip-the-line entry into France’s impressive historic attraction, the Carcassonne Castle, and take in its fortified walls, ramparts, and galleries!
- Turn back time to the 13th century and discover the popular Cité de Carcassonne for a historical treat
- Enter the gates of this citadel without waiting around in line, thanks to your skip-the-line access
- Once claimed by Romans, Saracens, Visigoths, and Crusaders, it is now your time to explore its hidden treasures
- Walk past fortified walls, watchtowers, ramparts, the Great Well, the Salle Pierre Embry, and the Count’s Castle
- Climb the square Bishop’s Tower, the sturdy construction that straddles both city walls
- A 12-minute film featuring 3D images and close-up footage will give you deeper insight into this citadel
- After this trip, you’ll want to try your hand at the beloved board game, Carcassonne
- Skip-the-line entry into Carcassonne Castle & Ramparts
- Access to the courtyards of the castle, the archaeological museum and the ramparts
- Informative leaflet (in 11 languages)
- 12-minute presentation film
- Guided tour
These tickets can't be cancelled. However, you can use them any time until 26 jul, 2024.
These tickets are valid until 26 jul, 2024.
Travel back in time to the 13th century and drink in views of the citadel that was once claimed by Romans, Visigoths, Saracens, and Crusaders! Look out for the massive 13th century fortified walls, ramparts, watchtowers, and a castle that will bring this citadel’s remarkable history to life!
Step into the world of medieval trade and travel at the Cité de Carcassonne, much like the beloved board game, Carcassonne! Walk past the double-wall boasting 52 watchtowers, the Great Well, and the Count’s Castle, Château Comtal. Enjoy a 12-minute film that features 3D images and close-up footage of the citadel.
Did You Know? Carcassonne was slated for demolition in the 19th century, but you can still walk the ramparts today, thanks to one of Europe’s largest restoration projects!
know before you go
- Your email voucher includes a barcode and a PDF ticket in the attachment. Please scan both at the entrance.
- The informative leaflet is available in 11 languages: English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Japanese, Chinese, Russian or Polish.
- The museum will remain closed for safety reasons.
19 May 2021 to 9 Jun 2021
- Daily from 10 AM to 6:30 PM
- Last free circuit access at 4:45 PM
North rampart is reserved for guided tours.
- EU citizens aged 0-26yrs and non-EU citizens aged 0-18yrs enter for free.
- Tickets are also free for differently-abled people + an accompanying person.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly. It includes a barcode and a PDF ticket in the attachment. Please scan both at the entrance.
- If you have purchased reduced-price or free tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Your ticket redemption point is the entrance of the attraction: Carcassonne Castle & Ramparts.
- Address: 1 Rue Viollet le Duc, 11000, Carcassonne.
This ticket is valid only on the specific chosen date.