Split Walking Tour with Diocletian's Palace
Explore Split, its culture, famous sites, stories and legends, thanks to this walking tour led by a passionate local guide!
- Explore the largest coastal town in Croatia, Split on a walking tour.
- Along with a local guide, head over to the most important sights in town.
- These include the likes of the Golden Gate, Diocletian Palace, the statue of Gregory of Nin, and more.
- Choose between a group tour or a private tour.
- Local tour guide
- Walking tour in English
- Tips and gratuities
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Journey back in time on this exciting walking tour of Split, and explore the largest city of the Dalmatia region with a local guide. Spanning 1,700 years of the city’s history, there's plenty to learn from, starting with the construction of the Diocletian Palace in 305 CE, to its current place as Croatia's 2nd largest city.
Your guide will be waiting for you at the Golden Gate of the Diocletian Palace. Together, admire the remains of this ancient palace of the Roman Empire, and see the open colonnades of the Peristyle. Walk to the remarkable Cathedral of St. Duje (Saint Dominus), said to be the oldest Catholic cathedral in the world to still be in use in its original structure.
Find out more about Gregory of Nin by his statue in Giardini Park, and head over to the Riva promenade to take in views of Marjan Hill and the Adriatic Sea.
know before you go
know before you go
Please wear comfortable shoes as there is a moderate amount of walking involved.
Regular Group Split Walking Tour
- Daily at 10:30am, 1pm, and 6pm.
- Duration: 1 hour.
Private Split Walking Tour
- The tour time slots range from 8am to 6:30pm
- Duration: 90 mins.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive 5 minutes before the scheduled time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide at the Golden Gate (north gate of the Diocletian's Palace).
- Look for your guide holding a blue umbrella below the statue of Gregory of Nin.
- Address: Dioklecijanova ul. 7, 21000, Split, Croatia.
When you stand in Peristil square (center of Diocletian's Palace), go North.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.