Guided Walking Tour of Sorrento
Visit the most remarkable sites with a walking tour of Sorrento and get acquainted with the best aspects of the Italian countryside from a local guide.
- Understand the culture and history of Sorrento better with an expert guide.
- Admire the beautiful Baroque Church del Carmine at Piazza Tasso.
- See the centuries-old stone flour mills at the historic Vallone dei Mulini.
- Feel truly at peace as you stroll within the walls of the Cloister of San Francesco.
- Surrender yourself to the enchanting beauty of Villa Comunale.
- Click pictures galore amidst the stunning landscape of Sorrento.
- Be charmed by the local scene at the fishing village of Marina Grande.
- 2-hour walking tour
- Expert, English-speaking local guide
- Photo stops at best viewpoints
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Lose yourself in the exceptional scenery of the town of Sorrento located in the Southwestern corner of Italy. Its picturesque beauty can be best explored with a walking tour led by an official guide. The first stop on this tour is the Piazza Tasso, named so in honor of the 16th-century poet Torquato Tasso. As you follow your guide around the piazza, learn about the history of the Baroque Church del Carmine as well as the statue of S. Antonino Abbate (St. Anthony Abbot), the patron saint of Sorrento.
Pass through Vallone dei Mulini (Valley of the Mills) and the 14th-century Cloister of San Francesco. Various architectural elements belonging to different time periods come together seamlessly to give the cloister a distinguished appearance, including a 7th-century monastery and a late medieval church. On any given day, you can witness couples exchanging marital vows and wedding ceremonies carrying on in full swing. Walk only a short distance away to find the Villa Comunale, a public park with spectacular manicured gardens. Make sure to climb to the terrace of the villa for an absolutely phenomenal view of the Gulf of Naples and the looming Mount Vesuvius.
The last stop on this journey is the fishing village of Marina Grande. The remote village has no dearth of bright-colored houses and is charming to a fault. Spend some time here soaking up the soothing atmosphere before you draw the trip to a close.
know before you go
know before you go
- This excursion is not recommended for people with back problems and low mobility.
- The tour is subject to changes due to weather or causes of force majeure (road closure, public events). In case it may not be possible to make some stops or visits mentioned in the tour, the guide could slightly amend the itinerary.
- This tour requires a minimum of participants to operate; if it is not reached it can be canceled.
- Daily at 10:30am and 6pm.
- The tour will not operate on 15 Aug 2022.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide at Outside office "IAMME IA!" .
- Address: Piazza Torquato Tasso nr. 16.
- Landmark: behind the statue of Torquato Tasso.
- The closest bus stop is Piazza Tasso. It is a quick 1-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board bus 5070 to get you there.
- The closest train station is Sorrento. It is a quick 5-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board train 1 to get you there.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.