Cologne: Guided tour of the exterior of the cathedral
Discover the architectural details of the iconic Cologne Cathedral on this guided tour. Immerse yourself in its rich history, which took over 600 years to construct.
- Uncover the secrets of UNESCO’s World Heritage site at Cologne Cathedral.
- Step back in time as your guide tells you the history of how this cathedral was built.
- Discover the little-known details about the exterior of the cathedral.
- See the toll taken on this attraction, as you view this cathedral from new perspectives.
- Unmask the reason why the crane became a landmark in the city of Cologne.
- Cologne Cathedral exterior tour
- Expert guide
- Cologne Cathedral interior tour
- Audio guide
- Food and beverage
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Discover the past and present of the Cologne Cathedral on this guided tour of the exterior. Immerse yourself in the dramatic tale of the cathedral as you unmask the hidden secrets of this UNESCO World Heritage site. Learn about how it took more than 600 years, after the groundbreaking ceremony in 1248, for the cathedral to be completed in the 19th Century.
As your guide answers pertinent questions like why a Gothic cathedral was built and why it was so enormous, marvel at this war-damaged structure as it is a vital part of history. Let your guide tell you about how the crane is this city’s landmark. Uncover the significance of the star on top of the ridge turret. Your tour will have mentions of the interiors of the cathedral, so you can organize a separate visit! Conclude your visit with an exploration of the cathedral from various perspectives and notice its ongoing construction.
know before you go
know before you go
- This tour gives you access only to the exterior of the Cathedral.
- This tour is wheelchair accessible.
- Daily: 11am to 5pm
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide at Kreuzblume.
- Address: Kardinal-Höffner-Platz 1, 50667 Köln, Germany.
- Landmark: Ziraat Bank International AG.
- The closest bus stop is Cathedral / Central Station. It is a quick 1-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board buses #5 #16 #18 to get you there.
- The closest metro station is Cologne Central Station. It is a quick 1-minute walk to the attraction.
- Board metros #30 to get you there.
- This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.