1 day Meteora Tour from Athens by Train
On this 1-day rail trip from Athens, visit 6 clifftop monasteries of Meteora and get a chance to go inside 3 of them. Get picked up from the Kalambaka station and enjoy the views of the Greek countryside as you learn the local secrets with an expert tour leader by your side.
- Dive deep into the centuries-old mysteries of the UNESCO World Heritage site with an experienced tour leader.
- Enjoy the full attention and care of the tour leader within a small tour group.
- Soak up the beautiful views of the Greek countryside on your train journey.
- See all the 6 incredible monastery retreats of Meteora.
- Get a glimpse of what is inside 3 of these monasteries.
- Make the most of photo stops and see the secret places only locals know.
- 5-hour Meteora tour
- English speaking tour leader
- Roundtrip train tickets from Athens (normal class)
- Pick-up and drop-off from Kalabaka Train Station
- VIP Limo Mini Bus transfers (small groups) during the tour
- Visit all 6 Monasteries (go inside 3 of them)
- Free Wi-Fi on the bus
- All taxes
- Hotel transfers from Athens to the train station
- Entrance fees of Monasteries (€3 each)
- Licenced tour guide inside the Holy Monasteries
- Meals and soft drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
You can cancel these tickets up to 72 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
A visit to Athens is incomplete without exploring the sites of Meteora. On this tour, relax and enjoy the diverse scenery on your train journey from Athens to Kalambaka railway station. When you arrive, you will find the local tour leader holding up a signboard with your name.
Board a VIP Limo minibus and set off to the UNESCO-protected Meteora sites. See all of the 6 ancient monasteries and venture inside 3 of them. Get to understand the history and learn about all the local secrets from the tour leader. Capture memorable moments to take home with plenty of photo opportunities along the way. As the tour concludes, you will be dropped off at Kalambaka station where you can hop aboard the train and return to Athens.
know before you go
- Please note that to go inside the monasteries you must be dressed modestly. Women must wear long skirts (no pants/trousers) and have their shoulders covered. Men must wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts.
- Your train tickets are e-tickets (not necessary to print them) and will be sent by email after your tour is confirmed.
- Pets and guide dogs are allowed.
- Baggage is allowed.
The tour operates daily -
- 7:57am: Departure from Athens train station
- 12:05am: Arrival and pick-up from Kalambaka train station
- 6:22pm - Departure from Kalambaka train station
- 10:30pm - Arrival in Athens
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the railway station 30 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
Boarding Train From Athens
- Board Your Train At Larissa Station
- Address: Athens 104 44, Greece.
- Get Directions to the Railway Station
- Meet your guide at Kalabaka Train Station. (You will travel from Athens to Kalabaka by train on your own using the train tickets that we will send you by email.)
- Address:Kalabaka 422 00, Greece.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.