Small Group Tour of Bangkok Floating Market & Train Market with Transfers
Experience two of Thailand’s bustling tourist spots on the same day, the Maeklong Railway Market and the Damnoen Saduak Floating Market. From air-conditioned coaches to local trains and long-tail boat rides, you’re sure to have a thrilling journey to each location. Take in the stunning sights along the way and soak in the authentic Thai culture around you.
- With a small cozy group of visitors, get comfortable with your professional English-speaking tour guide, who will feed you quips and anecdotes of both attractions throughout the journey.
- Make your way to the one-of-a-kind railway market of Maeklong and wonder at the intricacies of the people working here.
- Experience the renowned Damneon Saduak Floating Market, one of the most popular floating markets in all of Thailand.
- Relish the train and long-tail boat rides to reach Maeklong and Damneon Saduak floating markets, respectively.
- Professional English-speaking guide
- A Long-tail speed boat ride
- Local train ride
- Drinking water
- Hotel transfers (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Paddle boat with paddler fees
super flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
The Unique “Umbrella Pull-Down” Market of Maeklong
Enjoy the perks of being in a small group and soak up the gorgeous view outside as it changes from metropolitan to countryside in a seamless transition.
After a 45-minute drive to the Ban Na Kwang train station, experience how the locals travel by taking a train to the Maeklong Market. The “Umbrella pulldown market” is a nickname given to Maeklong Market and is the largest fresh seafood market in Thailand. Even though it is located in the centre of the Maeklong Railway tracks, this doesn’t bother the local vendors.
At a certain time of the day, a train will barrel forward through this market, and vendors collectively move their goods away from the tracks. After the train has departed, they shift back their goods and resume their day-to-day activities normally. Interact with the locals and get a taste of their culture.
The Must-Visit Floating Market
After exploring the Maeklong Market, you will then make your way to the Damnoen Saduak floating market. If you’re wondering what a floating market is, it is exactly what it sounds like: a market afloat a maze of canals. Experiencing the floating market of Damnoen Saduak is a rare opportunity when in Thailand, a great way to engage with the locals and pick up on their culture and lifestyle.
You will take a long-tail boat and sail along the Damnoen Saduak canals. Notice the local houses lined along the canal and take a peek at their intriguing ways of living. When you arrive at the market, be mesmerized by the stunning array of merchants and local vendors selling their products on their boats.
Indulge in tasting the local food, such as Pad Thai, Mango Sticky Rice, Boat Noodles, and Coconut Ice Cream. Don’t forget to take back home a souvenir of this vivacious floating market.
Hotel Transfers (Optional)
With air-conditioned coaches at your service, you don’t have to worry about transportation. If you wish to make use of this service, choose the ticket option that includes hotel transfers.
know before you go
- There is an option to paddle boat (up to 6 people on one boat). This expense is not covered in this ticket. It costs 150 Baht per person (excluding children under the age of 2).
- Hotel transfer service might get delayed, depending on the traffic and punctuality of other participants.
- The schedule of activities in the itinerary may change depending on weather, traffic, and the flow of attractions without prior notice.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Hotel Pickups and Drop-offs
Note that all hotels located in the Bangkok area (Silom, Khaosan, Sukhumvit, and Phrom Phong Station) are included in the pickup and drop-off services of this ticket.
- If you do not choose the hotel transfers option, then kindly assemble at Bicountry Vacation Office (YHA Bangkok Downtown Hostel).
- Gather by the white and red sign that says “Tour Meeting Point.”
- This is next to the Rolex Boutique