The markets offer some of the most quintessential experiences in Thailand. Experience two bustling tourist spots on the same day, the Amphawa Floating Market and the Maeklong Railway Market. From air-conditioned cars to local trains and firefly boat rides, you’re sure to have a thrilling journey.
- Explore the unique and vibrant floating markets of Amphawa and Maeklong, complete with a knowledgeable local guide to show you the ins and outs of these bustling markets.
- Experience the local culture at the unique Maeklong railway market and visit the Wat Bang Kung Temple to learn about its bloody battle history.
- Experience the renowned Amphawa Floating Market, one of the most popular floating markets in all of Thailand.
- Wait for the sun to go down and hop on the boat tour that takes you to a spectacular spot to admire fireflies and the simpler pleasures in life.
- Enjoy the perks of free hotel transfers if your hotel is within the free pick-up area.
- Choose a small group tour for a more budget-friendly option, or a private tour for a personalized experience.
- Fun Fact: The Maeklong railway market is known as the "umbrella pulldown market," as the vendors have to pull down their umbrellas to let the trains pass.
- Professional, English-speaking tour guide
- Small group tour (optional)
- Private tour (optional)
- A long-tail boat ride to Amphawa floating market
- Firefly boat ride
- Free hotel transfers if your hotel is within the free pickup area
- Personal expenses
- A paddle boat ride
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
With comfortable private cars at your service, you don’t have to worry about transportation. Enjoy the perks of being in a small group and soak up the gorgeous view outside as it changes from metropolitan to the countryside in a seamless transition.
The Unique “Umbrella Pull-Down” Market of Maeklong
The “Umbrella pulldown market” is a nickname given to Maeklong Market by the locals. Even though it is located in the centre of the Maeklong Railway tracks, this doesn’t seem to bother the local vendors one bit. At a certain time of the day, a train will barrel forward through this market, and vendors collectively move their goods away from the tracks. After the train has departed, they shift back their goods and resume their day-to-day activities normally. Interact with the locals and get a taste of their culture.
Wat Bang Kung: Home Of the Golden Buddha
Disembark from the vehicle to view the Wat bang Kung, a striking Buddhist Temple along the route that is enveloped by the roots of a humungous Banyan Tree. Listen closely as your tour guide tells you about the historical relevance of this temple and it’s bloody battle history. Don’t forget to take a quick peek inside at the Golden Buddha.
The Stunning Amphawa Floating Market
Make your way to the beautiful floating market of Amphawa! If you’re wondering what a floating market is, it is exactly what it sounds like: a market afloat a maze of canals. Hop aboard a long-tail boat and sail towards the Amphawa canals. Notice the local houses lined along the canal and take a peek at their intriguing ways of living.
When you arrive at the market, be mesmerized by the stunning array of merchants and local vendors selling their products on their boats. This market is famous for its food items, so don’t forget to taste some of the famous local dishes. From plain steamed fish to other classic Thai dishes and refreshing fruit drinks, the Amphawa Floating Market has it all.
A Boat Ride To Remember: Fireflies Evening Boat Ride
Stick around until the sun goes down to experience the romantic side of Amphawa. This evening boat ride entails going out a little further to a darker, more peaceful location under firefly-filled canopies of canal trees.
The boat rides begin after 6 PM from the docks of the little Amphawa floating market. Even though the fireflies are usually present throughout the year, they are more active during the rainy season of Thailand, stretching from May to October. A moonless night, when it is close to completely dark is the perfect time to watch the fireflies!
Maeklong Train Market | Tourist train passing by the market | Wat Bang Kung | Amphawa Floating Market tour | Firefly boat tour
know before you go
know before you go
- Please note that entering the Wat Bang Kung temple requires you to cover up. Therefore, carry along a full-sleeve shirt and long pants for this part of the trip.
- If your hotel/accommodation is located anywhere between Khao San Road, Pratunam, Silom, Sathorn, Siam, Sukhumvit (from Soi 1 to 39 and from Soi 2 to 24), then hotel transfers are included in your ticket.
- Fri, Sat & Sun: 10:30am - 11:30am
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide before boarding.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- This ticket includes hotel pickups and drop-offs.
- While booking, please select the name of hotel from dropdown.
- The exact location and pickup time will be provided to you by the tour operator at least a day before your scheduled tour.
- On the day of the tour, please arrive at your hotel lobby 30 minutes prior to the scheduled pickup time.
- If your hotel does not have a lobby, please wait at the entrance of your hotel.