Hamburg XXL 2h Cruise Tour
Set sail on an extended cruise along the Hamburg Harbour stretch and witness it from different angles while you discover a unique maritime flair. With live commentary in German, gain a new perspective on the industrial port of Hamburg.
- With free choice between a traditional barge and a spacious salon, you can sail on the river Elbe and explore the iconic port of Hamburg!
- A professional and experienced captain on board will narrate interesting anecdotes in German about your surroundings, introducing you to Hamburg’s history and appeal
- Explore the historic warehouse district of Speicherstadt and discover why it isn’t just open at any time of the day
- See the HafenCity along with the impressive Elbphilharmonie offering a treat of visual and architectural otherworldliness
- On this cruise, you will witness a striking contrast between the past and present as you discover the massive container terminals
- Enjoy a free audio guide in English for additional context on the cruise. Download from Google Play Store or App Store
- Drinks and Food
- Additional Gratuities
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on cancelling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
what to expect
Handling more than eight million containers in a year, and lined with a fleet of romantic tour barges and elegant salon ships, Hamburg harbour is the largest seaport in all of Germany! For centuries, this port has been the driving force behind Hamburg’s rising economy. While the port presents itself as a striking image of urbanization and development, it also, much like Venice, has a labyrinth of canals, inducing a feeling of medieval times. Hamburg owes much of its worldly character to the mighty Elbe, the river on which the port is situated.
The extended 2-hour tour of the port of Hamburg is nothing short of an adventure. With informative and interesting facts imparted by an experienced captain on board the cruise, you will leave with a better and deeper understanding of the affairs that take place within the harbour shores. By the time you’re done with the cruise, you’ll be thorough with container terminals, having a better understanding of terms like dry dock, TEU, RoRo, and more. A detour to the historic Speicherstadt will take you through narrow crisscrossing canals and numerous bridges offering picturesque views of Neo-Gothic brick buildings.
know before you go
Summer Months (April - Oct)
- Daily at 10.30 am, 11.30 am, 12.30 pm, 1.30 pm and 2.30 pm, additional departures on request.
Winter Months (Nov - March)
- Daily at 11.30 am and at 1:30 pm
- 2 hrs
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- Social distancing is maintained on the cruise
- The number of visitors is limited to avoid crowds
- A mask is required for the entire time on board the ship (OP or FFP2 mask).
- In order to trace possible infections, the staff will record contact details (Luca app or analog contact form).
- Furthermore, please present a certificate of a negative COVID-19 test or, if applicable, your vaccination certificate.
- Note: Negative test results in accordance with §6 section 1 sentence 1 of the Coronavirus Test Ordinance are deemed to be proof of testing.
- The test should not have been carried out more than 72 hours in advance in the case of a PCR test and more than 48 hours in the case of a rapid test prior for entry into or utilization of the service.
- The proof of testing must be presented in physical or digital form.
- The passenger ships MS RIVER STAR and MS HAMBURG as well as the paddle wheeler MS LOUISIANA STAR can be accessed barrier-free via a gangway and have corresponding sanitary facilities. Due to the conditions on-site, no information can be provided in advance regarding the exact time the above ships are used in the harbor cruise (no fixed departure times).
- The luxury barges, as well as the traditional barge, can not be accessed barrier-free.
- A passport or ID is required.
- For the English audio guide, download from Google Play Store or App Store. You are welcome to bring your own headphones or purchase some on-site.
- Note: If you want to cruise through the Speicherstadt, you should opt for the barge as the bridges in the Speicherstadt region are too low for large passenger ships to get through.
- Ensure you carry your passports or a valid ID card for proof.
- Weapons and sharp objects are not allowed on board the cruise.
- Outside food is not allowed!
- Please note that all harbor cruises aboard little barges are subject to the tide.
- The boats will have an open or closed glass roof depending on the weather conditions.
- Transportation of wheelchairs is only possible on a large passenger ship. Make sure you inform in advance in case of any requirement.
- There is live commentary on board in German
Children aged 5 - 14 enjoy reduced prices on their tickets.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly after purchase.
- Please display the same along with a valid photo ID at the time of redemption.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the scheduled time to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your voucher at St. Pauli Landungsbrücken, Brücke 1 Hamburg, 20359 Germany.
- You will receive the access code directly from the staff on-site when boarding, or on the brochures laid out on-site.
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
- These Bus lines stop near St. Pauli-Landungsbrücken: 112.
- These Subway lines stop near St. Pauli-Landungsbrücken: U3.
- These S-Bahn lines stop near St. Pauli-Landungsbrücken: S1, S3.
These tickets are valid for the date and time selected during the booking.