Day Trip to Hydra Island from Athens
Experience the wonders of the Hydra and Poros islands on this exquisite one-day guided tour!
- Enjoy a hassle-free experience with round-trip boat transfer to Hydra and Poros.
- Learn about the local culture, traditions, and history from a trained archeologist.
- Visit the town center and archeological museum of Poros.
- Sunbathe on the sandy Vlichos Beach and swim in the crystal-clear waters.
- Enjoy full walking tours on both Hydra and Poros.
- Savor mouth-watering Greek delicacies at the Beach-Front Tavern in Hydra.
- Archaeologist trip attendant
- Walking tour on island and orientation during trip
- Standard travel insurance
- Organized activities on island (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Transfer with taxi-boat (optional)
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24h before the schedule.
Leave behind the bustling city of Athens and head to the tranquil islands of Hydra and Poros on a one-day tour. Your trip attendant, who is also a trained archeologist, will meet you at Piraeus Metro Station at 7:10 AM. You will then be taken to the boarding point in about 5 minutes. As you sail from the Port of Piraeus, your guide will begin telling you about the fascinating history of this port.
Your first stop is at Poros. Spend close to 2.5 hours exploring this lush island that is known for its pine groves. The old clock tower is truly a sight to behold on the island. Visit the Poros archeological museum before taking a short coffee break with the archeologist. Once you are back on board, the boat will head to the island of Hydra. Take a leisurely 30-minute walk along the famous Vlychos Beach. Don your swimming gear and leap into the crystal-clear waters for a short swim. The beach is suitable for young children, making it a fabulous place to spend some quality time with your family. Finally, stop for some delectable traditional delicacies at the Beach-Front Tavern on the same island. You will be back at Piraeus Port by around 8 PM.
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
Monday, Thursday, Saturday at 07:10 AM.
- Photography is allowed and encouraged on the tour. Bags are also allowed.
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothes, especially during the summer months.
- The tour is wheelchair accessible.
- Swimming in the sea is allowed. - - You are advised to bring your own swimwear, towels, and sunscreen.
- Vlychos Beach is not part of the itinerary in the winter months.
Infants aged 2 and under go free. Children aged 3 - 12 enjoy reduced ticket prices (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive about 15-20 minutes before the start time of your experience to avoid any delays.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo. ID proof for verification
- Pick up and drop off is at Piraeus Metro Station at 08:10 AM, in order to avoid the city traffic jam.
- You will receive directions by e-mail with the location of the Piraeus metro station.
- Your trip attendant-archaeologist will be waiting with a marking of Ammon Express IN the metro station once you validate your ticket BEFORE the exit.
- Address: Pireas 185 45, Greece.
- Trains Athens-Kiato, Piraeus-Airport, Piraeus-Airport will bring you to the Piraeus metro station.
- The Port of Piraeus is within a 5-minute walk from the station.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.