Hamburg Harbour Illumination Cruise Tour
Set sail on a magical sunset cruise through Hamburg Harbour. Float past the historic warehouses of Speicherstadt and HafenCity, and learn all there is to know about the port with the help of live commentary by a friendly and knowledgeable expert.
- Enjoy a romantic evening cruise through Hamburg Harbour on either a traditional barge or a spacious salon ship. Your choice!
- Enjoy panoramic views of the entire city and marvel at illuminated attractions, as you peacefully cruise along the river Elbe
- Sail through the port’s sea of life and be amazed by the buzz of activity around the massive container terminals
- Explore the historic warehouse district of Speicherstadt and the contemporary Hafen City where you can witness the Elbphilharmonie in all its glory
- With live German commentary on board, stay up to date with facts and stories about Hamburg’s wonderful culture and history
- Enjoy free audio guides for additional context on the cruise. Download from Android or Apple play stores
- 1-Hour Harbour Illuminations Cruise
- Live Commentary in German
- Guaranteed Daily Departures
- Free choice between ship and barge during purchase
- Hotel Transfers
- Food and Drinks
- Additional Gratuities
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on cancelling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
what to expect
As the sun dips beneath a golden horizon, your cruise will set sail from St. Pauli Piers through an illuminated Hamburg Harbour. This late evening cruise will give you a whole new perspective on the largest seaport in all of Germany. While the port presents itself as a striking image of urbanization and development, it also, much like Venice, has a labyrinth of canals, inducing a feeling of medieval times. Hamburg owes much of its worldly character to the mighty Elbe, the river on which the port is situated.
From the historic and splendid red-brick warehouses of Speicherstadt to the architectural masterpieces of HafenCity, this is a place where history meets modernity. You will get to see the Zollkanal, Wasserschloss and the International Maritime Museum. As you cruise along, admire the Marco Polo Tower and the impressive Elbe Philharmonic Hall with its glassy and opalescent exterior. No other city in all of Europe has as many bridges as Hamburg does. Explore the numerous structures over water, canals, channels, busy locks and container terminals, the Köhlbrand Bridge, and much more on your magical one-hour cruise of the harbour.
know before you go
The route is tide dependent. For this reason, departure timings will vary depending on the sunset and tidal calendar. Please contact the harbor tour pavilion (kiosk) at the St. Pauli Landungsbrücken, bridge 1 at the top of the promenade for details on vessels, departure points, and timings.
Duration: 1 hr
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- It is mandatory to wear a face mask
- Social distancing is maintained on the cruise
- The number of visitors is limited to avoid crowds
- A mask is required for the entire time on board the ship (OP or FFP2 mask).
- In order to trace possible infections, the staff will record contact details (Luca app or analog contact form).
- Furthermore, please present a certificate of a negative COVID-19 test or, if applicable, your vaccination certificate.
- Note: Negative test results in accordance with §6 section 1 sentence 1 of the Coronavirus Test Ordinance are deemed to be proof of testing.
- The test should not have been carried out more than 72 hours in advance in the case of a PCR test and more than 48 hours in the case of a rapid test prior for entry into or utilization of the service.
- The proof of testing must be presented in physical or digital form.
- The passenger ships MS RIVER STAR and MS HAMBURG as well as the paddle wheeler MS LOUISIANA STAR can be accessed barrier-free via a gangway and have corresponding sanitary facilities. Due to the conditions on-site, no information can be provided in advance regarding the exact time the above ships are used in the harbour cruise (no fixed departure times).
- The luxury barges, as well as the traditional barge, can not be accessed barrier-free.
- For audio guides, download from Android or Apple play stores
- Note: If you want to cruise through the Speicherstadt, you should opt for the barge as the bridges in the Speicherstadt region are too low for the large passenger ships to get through.
- Tours to the Speicherstadt (warehouse district) are dependent on the water levels. It is not possible to cruise through the narrow waterways during high and low water levels.
- Ensure you carry your passports or a valid ID card for proof.
- Weapons and sharp objects are not allowed onboard the cruise.
- Outside food not allowed!
- Please note that all harbour cruises aboard little barges are subject to the tide.
- The boats will have an open or closed glass roof depending on the weather conditions.
- Transportation of wheelchairs is only possible on a large passenger ship. Make sure you inform in advance in case of any requirement.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly after purchase.
- Please display the same along with a valid photo ID at the time of redemption.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the scheduled time to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your voucher at St. Pauli Landing Stages Bridge 1 in case you opt for the barges and Bridges 4 in case of passenger ships.
- Please meet at the supplier's sales pavilion on the promenade, and not at the water's edge.
- St. Pauli Landungsbrücken, Bridge 1 is located at the top of the promenade (pavilion) and St. Pauli Landunsgbrücken, Bridge 4, can be found directly below the water.
- These Bus lines stop near St. Pauli-Landungsbrücken: 112.
- These Subway lines stop near St. Pauli-Landungsbrücken: U3.
- These S-Bahn lines stop near St. Pauli-Landungsbrücken: S1, S3.
These tickets are valid for the date and time selected during booking.