Cooking Class & Shopping at Ortigia's Market
Discover the authentic flavors of Sicily - the local, traditional way of strolling through one of the oldest markets, the Ortigia market with a local chef by your side. Learn about the unique spices that go into their famous delicacies and prepare a three-course meal with the local chef in the cooking class. And of course, there’s some wine too!
- Enjoy an original Sicilian experience right from sourcing the ingredients to learning how to cook with them, the traditional way, with a local chef by your side.
- Your Chef-guide will take you to Ortigia, one of the oldest local markets in the region where you can learn about the various spices that go into the classic Sicilian dishes.
- Meet and greet with the real Siracusa traders here, taste some local ingredients, and wine, and enjoy an authentic market experience.
- Revel in the process of learning how to cook Sicilian dishes with the local ingredients that you purchased at the market once your reach the professional kitchen.
- Gain insights on the secrets of preparing real Sicilian cuisine while cooking from your chef.
- The cooking class includes learning how to prepare a three-course Sicilian meal – a first course, a second course, and a salad.
- Indulge in the meal prepared with some wine to end the experience in the most perfect way.
- Cooking class by a local Sicilian chef
- Shopping for fresh ingredients at Ortigia market
- Local food and wine tasting
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
One of the best ways to experience a cultural island is through food and this experience helps you achieve exactly that. Not only will you taste authentic Sicilian food in this experience, but you will also learn to shop for local ingredients and even better - cook it yourself under the guidance of a professional chef in a professional kitchen.
Roam through the Ortigia market with your chef/guide enjoy and learn about the fresh produce with which you get to cook your meal. Indulge yourself in the aromas of local spices, the colors of local produce, and the traditional, lively Siracusa traders. Understand the flavors of Siciliy from the market before incorporating them into your dishes.
Once you’ve got your ingredients and fresh produce, head to the professional kitchen to start preparing your meal. Discover the secrets behind Sicilian cuisine as you learn to cook a three-course meal - a first and second course along with a salad from your local Sicilian chef. In the end, enjoy tasting the food along with some local wine that suits best the food.
know before you go
know before you go
- The dishes taught strictly depend on the season.
- Mon to Sat: 10:30am
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the redemption point.
- Please arrive at the redemption point15 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Show your ticket at Sicily in Travel - Excursion Office.
- Address: Via Eritrea, 2, 96100 Siracusa SR, Italy.
- Landmark: Next to Ortigia Island Excursion Office.
- The closest bus stop is Syracuse Corso Gelone 52. It is a 10-min walk to the redemption point.
- Board buses Interbus S.p.A. IN01 and Interbus S.p.A. IN14 to get you there.
- The closest train station is Siracusa. It is a 11-min walk to the redemption point.
- Board trains IC, ICN, REG, and RV to get you there.