Walking Tour of Jewish Quarter Kazimierz with Optional Old Synagogue Tickets
Explore the former Jewish Quarter in the district of Kazimierz; filled with well-preserved monuments of Jewish culture with your expert tour guide.
- Get a closer look at the well-preserved monuments of Jewish inhabitants of Krakow and the closed life of the first settlements.
- Explore the district of Kazimierz that lies on the eastern bank of the majestic Vistula river.
- Wander around in the Jewish Quarter in Kazimierz, where Jewish and Polish cultures coincided.
- Today, the ubiquitous independent galleries, unusual stores, and boutiques with vintage fashion are what this district is most famous for.
- Enter the Old Synagogue Museum by upgrading your ticket and encompass the rich culture and history of the Jews before WWII with this architectural beauty.
- Professional guide
- English guided tour (optional)
- Spanish guided tour (optional)
- German guided tour (optional)
- French guided tour (optional)
- English guided tour with entry to Old Synagogue Museum (optional)
- Entrance tickets (optional)
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Visit the district of Kazimierz on the eastern bank of the glorious Vistula river with your tour guide. Travel back in time as your guide lets you in on stories of the past, of lives lived by the Jewish inhabitants of Krakow. Visit a time that was as you explore this mesmerizing district. Visit the old shops, synagogues and cemeteries that have been well-preserved and bring out the essence of how Polish and Jewish cultures co-existed here. This tour focuses on giving an overview of the history and traditions of the Jewish people in Krakow. Know more about the closed life of the first settlements, the assimilation of the nineteenth century and the tragic death of inhabitants during World War II. Get acquainted with the history that inspired the film by Steven Spielberg "Schindler’s List ".
The Old Synagogue Museum
You can upgrade your ticket and enter the popular landmark, the Old Synagogue Museum and witness the oldest synagogue building still standing in Poland. It is an orthodox Jewish synagogue in Krakow built in 1407 or 1492. The exhibits here focus on Kraków's Jews and are divided into themes dealing with birth, prayer rituals, diet, divorce, and death. The women's prayer room or Ezrat Nashim, dating back to the 17th century, is used to hold temporary exhibitions.
know before you go
know before you go
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes and clothes adapted to weather conditions.
- Suitable for pram/strollers.
- Daily: 2pm onwards
- Wed, Fri & Sun: 9am
- Tue & Sat: 9am
- Thu & Sun: 9am
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide at The Old Synagogue.
- Address: Szeroka 24, 31-053 Kraków, Poland.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- The closest bus stop is Miodowa. It is a quick 4-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board buses 184 and 669 to get you there.
- The closest tram stop is Miodowa. It is a quick 4-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board trams 3, 17, 19, 24 and 69 to get you there.