Krakow: Jewish Quarter Kazimierz Walking Tour
Explore the former Jewish Quarter in the district of Kazimierz; filled with well-preserved monuments of Jewish culture with your expert tour guide.
- Get a closer look at the well-preserved monuments of Jewish inhabitants of Krakow and the closed life of the first settlements.
- Explore the district of Kazimierz that lies on the eastern bank of the majestic Vistula river.
- Wander around in the Jewish Quarter in Kazimierz, where Jewish and Polish cultures coincided.
- The synagogues, old cemeteries and shops have been well-preserved to encompass the rich culture and history of the Jews in Poland before WWII.
- Today, the ubiquitous independent galleries, unusual stores, and boutiques with vintage fashion are what this district is most famous for.
- Professional guide
- Entrance tickets (optional)
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Visit the district of Kazimierz on the eastern bank of the glorious Vistula river with your tour guide. Travel back in time as your guide lets you in on stories of the past, of lives lived by the Jewish inhabitants of Krakow. Visit a time that was as you explore this mesmerising district. Visit the old shops, synagogues and cemeteries that have been well-preserved and bring out the essence of how Polish and Jewish cultures co-existed here. This tour focuses on giving an overview of the history and traditions of the Jewish people in Krakow.
Know more about the closed life of the first settlements, the assimilation of the nineteenth century and the tragic death of inhabitants during World War II. Get acquainted with the history that inspired the film by Steven Spielberg "Schindler’s List ".
know before you go
know before you go
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes and clothes adapted to weather conditions.
- Suitable for pram/strollers.
- Daily: 10am
- Wed, Fri & Sun: 9am
- Tue & Sat: 9am
- Thu & Sun: 9am
- Meet your guide with "excursions.city" sign, at the steps of the Old Synagogue.
- Address: Szeroka 24, 31-053 Kraków, Poland
- The closest tram stop Miodowa is a 4-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board trams 3, 17, 19, 24 and 69 to get here.
- This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during the checkout.