Cité du Vin Fast-Track Tickets with Self-Guided Audio Tour & Wine Tasting
Explore wine history on this self-guided audio tour through sensory and interactive exhibitions at the Cité du Vin – a cultural building and space with universal appeal – dedicated to all aspects of wine culture.
- On this self-guided tour of the Permanent Exhibition of the Cité du Vin, learn about different angles of wine culture and history through civilizations.
- This ticket comes with fast-track access and an audio guide available in 8 languages.
- The Cité du Vin is a wonderfully unique space to really immerse yourself in the intricacies of wines and winemaking.
- Get to know about vineyard farming, wine tasting, and even the artistic elements related to wine.
- Enjoy an excellent tasting glass of wine at the top of the Belvedere and soak up the views of Bordeaux from a 360° viewpoint.
- Self-guided audio tour of the Permanent Exhibition
- A tasting glass of wine at the Belvedere
- Audio guide available in English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Chinese, and Japanese. With headsets, subtitles, and audio description.
- Live guide
- Temporary exhibition
- Meals and other drinks
- Hotel transfers and transport
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
These tickets are valid until 21 jun., 2024.
Get ready to experience wine history and culture in the most unique way possible at the modernistic Cité du Vine. Fast-track tickets help you start your wine journey even faster!
A Self-Guided Tour of the Permanent Exhibition
With an audio guide available in English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Chinese, and Japanese, walk through different parts of Cité du Vine including the Auditorium, the workshop rooms, the gardens, and the main public areas. Pass through the 10 Permanent thematic spaces to experience an overview of the heart of our building. Learn about the history of wine through different ages and continents, the vineyard cycle, and the terroirs of the world i.e. farming related to vineyards, wine tasting, etc. You’ll see the artistic aspects of wine culture and how it has affected and inspired famous figures as well as everyday life in different parts of the world. Interactive exhibitions really take this guided tour to another level.
Wine Tasting at the Belvedere
End your self-guided visit with a trip to the Belvedere, the 8th floor of the building at 35-meters above the ground. In this location overlooking the river, admire Bordeaux and its surroundings from this 360° perspective. A perfect way to sum up the tour, now it’s time to taste exquisite wine from Bordeaux or the rest of the world and contemplate all the wine knowledge and culture you’ve soaked up.
know before you go
know before you go
- Wearing a mask or presenting vaccination certification is no longer compulsory inside the Cité du Vin. All visiting areas are sanitized throughout the day including the digital audio headsets.
- This experience is suitable for wheelchair users and pram/stroller users.
- The entire building is accessible to guests with reduced mobility, visual and hearing impairments, and intellectual disabilities.
- Guide dogs are allowed.
It's advised to preferably visit the museum in the morning to make the most of your visit. This self-guided tour takes approximately 1 to 3 hours to complete.
9 Apr to 28 Aug 2022
- Daily: 10am - 7pm
29 Aug to 1 Jan 2023
- Weekdays: 10am - 6pm
Weekends & school holidays: 10am - 7pm
Closes on 24 Dec at 4pm and closed for visits on 25 Dec.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
- Please arrive at the attraction 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Show your ticket at La Cité du Vin.
- Address: La Cité du Vin - 1 esplanade de pontac, 33300, Bordeaux.
- The closest bus stop is La Cité du Vin. It is a quick 3-minute walk to the attraction.
- Board buses 7, 32 to get you there.
- The closest tram stop is La Cité du Vin. It is a quick 3-minute walk to the attraction.
- Board trams B to get you there.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.