Skip the Line: Château d’If Ticket
Tour the island fortress prison of Chateau d’If that inspired The Count of Monte Cristo at your own pace with skip-the-line access to this eerie yet stunning monument!
- Explore a perfectly-preserved historical monument on the Mediterranean coastline
- The world-renowned island fortress-prison has plenty of historic tales to share
- Walk right in with your skip-the-line access, guaranteeing you don’t have to wait for long
- Gasp at the eerie landmark that inspired the 19th-century novel, The Count of Monte Cristo
- As you walk through the monument, you’ll see old graffiti by past prisoners across the walls
- Gain a better understanding of why this fort was built in the first place
- You’re promised a safe touring experience with various safety measures in place
- Skip-the-line access to Château d’If Ticket
- Ferry ride to the island
strict cancellation policy
Cannot be canceled, amended or rescheduled
Perched upon a rocky island on the Mediterranean sits the world-renowned island fort that is Chateau d’If. Right opposite Marseille’s Vieux Port, feel surrounded by a blanket of this city’s history. Immortalized as a landmark in the famous novel from the 19th century, The Count of Monte Cristo, you don’t want to skip out on this opportunity to tour the insides. Dedicated skip-the-line access grants you easy access to the landmark, guaranteeing less waiting time.
This fort was built in 1524 as a prison by François I. With time, it gained the terrifying reputation of being the dying grounds for those who resisted and opposed royal power. But the Château d’If was actually built for other noble reasons, the priority of which was given to the safety of Marsailles. Travel back in time and find yourself in the 16th century and relive scenes from the novel and movies in this iconic prison.
Did You Know? This mythical landmark inspired the popular novel, The Count of Monte Cristo (which was translated worldwide) and 23 films!
know before you go
- This ticket has no audio guides available. However, you will enjoy a subtitled film screened during your visit.
- All guests are required to follow the safety instructions indicated at the entrance of the monument strictly.
- Masks are compulsory to enter the monument.
- Please note that some spaces might remain closed for safety reasons.
- The last sea shuttle towards the castle departs at 3:15 PM.
Until 30 Sep 2021
- Daily from 10:30 AM to 6 PM
1 Oct 2021 to 31 Mar 2022
- Daily from 10:30 AM to 5:15 PM
Warning: The castle may remain closed in case of inclement weather conditions.
- Ages 18yrs and below go in free. EU citizens or residents aged 26yrs and below also go in free.
- Tickets are also free for differently-abled people + an accompanying person.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the venue
Ticket Redemption Point
- You can redeem the tickets directly at the entrance of the attraction: Château d’If
- Address: Embarcadère Frioul If, 1 Quai de la Fraternité, 13001 Marseille, France
- Take a ferry ride or a sea shuttle to reach the island
- Take a sea shuttle to If island from the Vieux Port
- You will reach If island in 20 min
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout